“2 hour wait time to eat at 11.45pm!!! ”

Sheesh at Ye Olde Kings Head
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Chigwell
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Postcode: IG7 6QA Tel: +44 (0) 208 559 1155
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Be prepared to wait several hours to eat if you book the later time!!! I've been to sheesh before (although an earlier sitting) and no issues however on this occasion as had a 9.30 booking....we were told we would have to wait a bit so went upstairs for a drink...2 hours later we were finally sat at our table!!! however eating at 11.45pm was not what I anticipated and by then it ruined the evening as wasn't in the mood to eat much by that point so we then didn't order much which was disappointing as the food is amazing in here! Was told by the manager it's not a booking it's and as and when a table becomes available (so why select a time when you book?!) Upon asking how long we were looking at it was all very vague & was just told they were running exceptionally behind because the tables before weren't leaving after their two hour slot! My issue is my expectations weren't met with this ridiculous wait time & no customer service offered or apology for the delay. I'm sure if it was the other way round and I had been more than 30 mins late my table would have been given to someone else. Only because we pushed did she offer us a drink but by then at the end of the evening didn't really want a drink (as had enough with no food in our 2 hour wait and my friend was driving so not much of a compensation!) Just felt they weren't bothered that we had to wait as clearly popular venue atm but beware with service like that it will become short lived but again they didn't seem fazed or bothered by it! I certainly wouldn't attend again which is a shame as nice venue and great good but night was ruined and I've never been to a restaurant where there is a lack of caring about he customers experience - even top central London restaurants which are far superior to Shesh offer an amazing customer service if they service you have received isn't of high standards..worry less about your non paying "reality" stars and more for the returning paying customer!!

5  Thank Louiseemmad
Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Pretentious place. Not worth a penny!
Way overpriced!
Lahmacun starter £9 Pepper steak £35
Monkfish £30 Peroni £6.50
No customer service and Staff are stuck up too. I got FOOD POISONING and they just fobbed me off. Horrible place. It is a joke!
Would not recommend
There are so many better places to dine. Spend your money elsewhere
Just awful!

16  Thank mrsmlondon1
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely lady at the door . The place does have a crazy bear feel. The service was very good the food fantastic,the main could of fed two, not complaining I took mine home in a takeaway box.however we would of liked a longer break between courses. The waiter brought out our mains cutlery and we were still eating the starter.We then went upstairs as there was a live band the lady up stairs found us some seats,Once again the service upstairs was also fantastic. The staff ,the place and food were all exceptional.

Reviewed February 5, 2018

service was very good here.The gut that looked after us was very good and made the visit even better.Even had a bit of banter which was good

food was good not outstanding but not bad either.portions look massive but a lot of it is just salad.Chicken was just enough

Cocktails and drinks are expensive very marked up (£15 for a pina colada £6.50 for a bottle of beer half a pint.£6 for a bottle of still water )

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Went to celebrate my nieces birthday and from the moment we arrived it was very special. Opulent surroundings, friendly and attentive staff and excellent quality food and drinks. Would deffo come back.