Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SandJ92008
Nova Scotia

Great customer service.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 30, 2015
We stayed here on our return from a long trip. We don't live far from the airport, but in the opposite direction from Halifax, where we had plans the night we got back. W decided our best bet was to stay at the airport, rather than drive home, drive back past the airport to Halifax, and then past the airport again to return home.

Prior to our trip, we left our car at the hotel for a week's free parking, and caught the shuttle to the terminal. The shuttle was fast and the driver very friendly.

When we returned, we again had no problem quickly getting the shuttle, and we had the same friendly driver.

Upon getting to the hotel, there was no record of my reservation. This was because I messed up and had booked the room for the night before! The front desk clerk was very helpful in fixing my mistake without making me feel like an idiot.

The room was comfortable. We crashed hard! We probably could have slept anywhere, but it was a great bed.

Nice Bath & Body Works toiletries.

Breakfast the next day was excellent. I also have to comment on the breakfast room - it was exceptionally nice. Lots of space. It felt like eating in a pleasant restaurant rather than a cramped and dingy hotel breakfast room (those are common, unfortunately). The room also had a puzzle available, with a sign inviting guests to help put it together. I thought the puzzle was a nice touch.

Things are being done right here.
Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Mar 3, 2015
Good day SandJ92008! I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening at our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our employees, shuttle service and long term parking. I hope you had a great trip and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Exterior
  • Tripadvisor
  • Hampton
17.5 km from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Goffs
All reviews halifax airport pancake machine parking lot yogurt next morning shuttle service free breakfast nova scotia front desk staff comfortable beds free parking long flight great spot convenient location night's sleep long term parking late arrival
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2015

We are lucky here with all these Hotels that we can park and fly out of at the Airport. The Service was good and Hotel was Clean. Great access and easy to get to this Hotel if you want to fly out of the Airport.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank dgg123
Kathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2015

Good day dgg123! Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here in late Sept. When we were leaving on a trip From the Halifax airport
The rooms were great for a one night sleep and we found the food to be wonderful.
We will be staying he again and we highly recommend this property to the travelers

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank Jbd A

Thank you Jbd A for your wonderful feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed our facilities. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 3, 2015

Everyone presumes that this hotel and its sister, the Hilton Garden Inn next door, offer free parking for at least a week if you stay there before your flight. It ain't necessarily so. It turns out that if you book on line with any site other than their own, they will try to charge you $50 per week for parking, explaining that they have to pay a commission to the referring site. On a $145.00 room, it is unlikely that the commission would be $50.00.

When I complained rather loudly, I was told that the charge would be waived. This seems to be a way to teach guests a lesson in how to use their web sites to book. We were not amused.

On another note, the air handler on the roof tends to vibrate the rooms on the 6th floor, so you might be better off to ask for another floor.

Otherwise, the service was pleasant, the beds are great and the breakfast okay.

Room tip: Avoid the 6th floor unless you bring earplugs.
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arthur S

Good day Arthur S. Thank you very much for your honest feedback. I am sorry to hear about the confusion with your rate during your stay. Not all of our rates include parking; just our Park & Fly rates. These rates can be found on our website and our hotel direct. Third party websites do not often offer this rate and that is when the parking would be extra. I am very happy to hear that we were able to remove the charge for you. I do hope you chose to stay with us in the future. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 24, 2014

This is a great choice if you are staying for a night or 2 near the airport. There is almost nothing around this hotel but for a night or two it is a great choice. The staff are friendly and helpful rooms are clean bright and well appointed and the shuttles to the airport run regularly and you never have to wait long either. They also offer park and fly packages which seem to be quite popular. I would not hesitate to stay here anytime I am in the area.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you freqflyer82! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Myself and the staff wish to welcome you back the next time you are in Halifax.

Reviewed December 11, 2014

I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel as it provides free parking while travelling and the shuttle to the airport is quick and easy!!

The cookie selection in the lobby at check in was irresistable!! There were apples too though for a healthier choice.

The free breakfast is also excellent with terrific choices of hot and cold items, even greek yogourt and delicious warm cinnamon rolls!! The bread selection was great and the bacon was cooked perfectly! The buffet is very well stocked and there are even trays so you can take it back to your room. It would be hard to imagine them improving on the breakfast offerings!!

Also, the staff are very friendly and attentive. I commented to our housekeeper, Carol, as we were leaving that I really liked the makeup remover wipes as they were very high quality and she offered me some extras to take with me. I was pleasantly surprised and in speaking to her it was obvious that she takes great pride in the quality of the service at this hotel and their desire to make guests happy! Thanks Carol and we will definitely be back. I have stayed next door at the Hilton and was super disappointed at the lack of anything when up early to catch a flight...this hotel was a completely different experience altoghether.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2014

Good day HappyGuest191! We are so happy to hear of your recent stay at our hotel! I have passed along your kind words to Carol and the rest of our team! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cheers,