Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mary-Anne C

Consistently very good hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 10, 2015
My husband and I stay at this hotel whenever we have an early morning flight or when we land and it is midnight. We have found the front desk clerks to be one of the best anywhere. They are helpful and concerned for your well being. Contrary to what others say we have always found the rooms to be very clean.

There is coffee in your room and the coffee is always on in the front lobby. There you can stand with your coffee and review the flight board to see if your flight is one time. There is always a continental breakfast for free too.

The shuttle service to the airport is very prompt and when picking up from a flight, they are at the airport in minutes.

This hotel is great value considering you can leave your vehicle in their parking lot while you are away for no extra charges. A real bonus!!

We have stayed in hotels all over the world and this is "up there" with the best for value.
Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded Mar 13, 2015
Good day Mary-Anne C! Thank you very much for the delightfully kind words. We are very happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and sincerely look forward to seeing you again before your next trip.

C$289
    C$256
  • HIExpress.com
17.6 km from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Goffs
All reviews halifax airport pancake machine parking lot yogurt next morning shuttle service free breakfast nova scotia front desk staff comfortable beds free parking long flight great spot convenient location night's sleep long term parking late arrival
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2015

Whenever we travel and are flying out early we always stay at this hotel. The rooms are nice, comfortable beds, fast in room internet, a computer room where you can print off your boarding passes, a good free breakfast, exercise room, pool and lots of parking. The check in staff is friendly and helpful. On this travel adventure we were away for 5 weeks and in that time Nova Scotia had several snow storms so when we got back and I found my car in the parking lot it was basically buried. This is where the van driver who transports people to and from the hotel to the airport, became the most important hotel employee. I wasn't prepared at all and he supplied a shovel, salt and assistance by helping shovel and push my car. When we weren't making a whole lot of headway, he got another van driver to come and help...another shovel and more salt. He also helped shovel. In the hour and a half that I was there shovelling through ice hardened snow they were making runs to the airport, but as soon as they would finish a run they would come back to help me. With both guys pushing we finally got the car out. One drivers name was Ned...the other guy, I never got his name. And yes I tipped them both. It was after midnight now and the hotel was booked as were the other 3 close by because the weather was bad. The 2 guys working on the desk that night could take a valuable lesson in helpfulness from the 2 van drivers. They could have cared less about the people coming there with their only words being...we are full, there are no rooms. My wife told another older couple that we had finally gotten a room at another hotel towards Halifax. The help of the van drivers far outweighed the non help of the check in guys. They showed the Nova Scotia spirit that you get here...thanks so much to them.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2015

Good day baink1! WOW! Thank you very much for your feedback in regards to our long term and airport shuttle drivers. They are an asset to our team. I have passed along your kind words to them directly. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel. I am sorry to hear you didn't experience ideal service from our front desk and have also passed along your words of concern.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 16, 2015 via mobile

Our stay was January 28th rooms were not clean! My boyfriend had stepped on a half a chocolate bar ( that was there before we were ) it was pretty gross ! Our friends had a room accross the hall and they had the same problem ,clearly not vaccuumed rooms , finger prints on the mirrors and just lazy housekeeping. There was no coffee made in the morning , amd when we asked them to refill the 6 empty pots, the lady just walked away.. Shuttle on the way back from the airport was full when we got back from our trip and ended up paying 20 dollars for a cab ride ( there needed to be more shuttles!! We were tired and definately not waiting in the cold for another! Front desk staff was very polite , but if we didn't get free parking , I wouldn't have been happy paying full price for the room.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank k8627

Hello k8627. I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had during your stay. We take pride in our guest rooms, service and cleanliness and I am very sad to hear that we missed that during your stay. I hope you are willing to give us another opportunity to show you a better stay.

Reviewed February 12, 2015

Overall excellent experience. Will recommend to friends/family for sure. I will surely be returning at this hotel later in the year.Rooms were cleaned and always made up before we returned in the evenings / afternoons.Staff very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review Xingbo W! We truly appreciate the feedback and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 9, 2015

We decided to give this hotel another try and overall it was a positive stay, however they still have the same type of sheets which seem to have a very high polyester content.
The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful, especially the lady hosting the breakfast who was constantly restocking and cleaning. The breakfast selection was excellent.
The room itself was a good size and generally clean with the exception of some plastic on the bathroom floor.
There is quite a large gap under the door so there is some noise from the corridor, especially when some obnoxious individual decides to have a very loud phone conversation right outside your door, although that's not the hotel's fault.

Room tip: Some rooms do face the highway so they may be noisier.
Date of stay: February 2015
1  Thank 4states

Hello 4states! Thank you for your kind review. I am very happy to hear that you gave us another try and that you enjoyed our breakfast service. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed January 30, 2015

We stayed here on our return from a long trip. We don't live far from the airport, but in the opposite direction from Halifax, where we had plans the night we got back. W decided our best bet was to stay at the airport, rather than drive home, drive back past the airport to Halifax, and then past the airport again to return home.

Prior to our trip, we left our car at the hotel for a week's free parking, and caught the shuttle to the terminal. The shuttle was fast and the driver very friendly.

When we returned, we again had no problem quickly getting the shuttle, and we had the same friendly driver.

Upon getting to the hotel, there was no record of my reservation. This was because I messed up and had booked the room for the night before! The front desk clerk was very helpful in fixing my mistake without making me feel like an idiot.

The room was comfortable. We crashed hard! We probably could have slept anywhere, but it was a great bed.

Nice Bath & Body Works toiletries.

Breakfast the next day was excellent. I also have to comment on the breakfast room - it was exceptionally nice. Lots of space. It felt like eating in a pleasant restaurant rather than a cramped and dingy hotel breakfast room (those are common, unfortunately). The room also had a puzzle available, with a sign inviting guests to help put it together. I thought the puzzle was a nice touch.

Things are being done right here.

1  Thank SandJ92008

Good day SandJ92008! I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening at our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our employees, shuttle service and long term parking. I hope you had a great trip and we hope to welcome you back in the future.