All reviews la langouste beach front flamands beach beachfront room croissants other hotels beautiful beach a family run hotel st barths small hotel direct access to the beach love st would stay here again sound of the waves enjoyed our stay rooms are clean every morning
Reviewed April 17, 2018

My wife and I just finished an 11 night stay at the Baie des Anges. We have stayed there many times and, as always, Annie Ange was a gracious and accomodating host. The hotel is well run, the rooms are clean, the staff are uniformly friendly and helpful, the maid service is incredibly prompt, and everything works well. We particularly enjoy the great coffee and fresh squeezed grapefruit juice available at breakfast..

Flamand beach was hit hard by Irma and many of the villas along the beach will not be ready for occupancy for some time, but it still is pleasant to spend the day relaxing there. We'll be back again next year.

Oh yes, the ugly American type who wrote the ridiculous rant about fraud, etc. is precisely the kind of guest who does not belong at the Baies des Anges. I did not ask Annie about him, but am quite sure she wound up turning him down because he was not the kind of person she wanted at her lovely hotel. Stay here if you want a low key, relaxed stay at a beautiful place. Do not stay here if you are looking for something trendy with a lot of resort type facilities.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hermancost1
Reviewed February 20, 2018

My husband booked this trip for us. We have been going to St Barths 6-7 years ago and we always stayed at Eden Rock. Most of the beach front hotels were damaged and under repair, so he looked it up and found this hotel that has direct access to the beach.

We have 2 kids and I am sure they will enjoy the beach so we took a chance to move on from Eden Rock for now and try to have a great time.

It looks like a family-run hotel that has no online booking, but my husband was able to book it and paid for it by credit card. It really didn't bother him so much that the hotel is not online. It is a small hotel and very small scale I think they have tried their best to sustain what they have.

The restaurant on the property that is not related to the hotel itself was really great. We ordered 3 meals from them and it has local flavor with a french touch.

Our kids loved the beach and they keep going to the beach. It is small as most of the hotels are still being worked out. I am grateful that it fills our cravings.

The room is very simple, but clean and it takes care of most of our needs. The additional touch you can only find it after everyone repair the basic and have the leisure to add some feelings to it.

We needed babysitting service and they are able to secure someone for us.

I think it was at its best considered what happened to the island a few months ago, I am thankful this place existed for the time being.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the beach and everyday is a sunny day
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2018

We stayed at Hotel Baie des Anges in February 2017 and enjoyed our stay so we weren't sure what to expect this February as St. Barts recovers from Hurricane Irma.
Flamands Beach lost about 5 feet of sand so the palm trees that shaded the beach at the hotel are gone, only the foundation of the hotel is there.
It's a slightly desolate feel particularly when most of the other hotels and homes on the beach are still being repaired. On the other hand, it can be quite nice having the beach to oneself.
Our room was in good shape though our beach front kitchenette was not in good repair, with no microwave or electricity. This may not matter to some but we planned to make use of these amenities. It was disappointing to arrive and see this as Annie the owner of the hotel assured me via email in November that the kitchenette would we working. She and her husband did, however, install a microwave and give us a portable cooktop, so they and we made do just fine. There are other small issues such as light switches were hanging off the wall and lights were out in the room. They too were repaired midway through our stay. Maybe next year the situation will be improved here and along the beach as repairs continue. The staff continued to be helpful and friendly as well as the restaurant staff at La Langouste. Still love St. Bart's and would stay here again.

Room Tip: The four units directly facing the beach on the first floor are fab. Hotel is a good value for pricey St. Bart's.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2018

BEWARE-BEWARE-BEWARE-FRAUD ALERT-UNSCRUPULOUS OWNER-CAREFUL..

I will tell you that we have been speaking with this woman personally for the better part of a year attempting to book two beachfront rooms. You cannot make reservations on-line, you are forced to send an email and then have this anxious petulant woman Annie respond to you. Sometimes she answers the from her home.Then she emails you back in broken pigeon English that you must decipher. Her emails are all written very unclearly and send mixed messages that require much back and forth for complete understanding as they often contain errors with dates and pricing. One message however she is quite clear about and that is her accepting your deposit money, while she is at the same time busy informing you over the phone about her travails and the bills must all be paid. She is also busy telling you how she is trying to sell the hotel, but is only offered low ball offers! Sorry about that Annie.! Do we really need to hear this while we are booking our holiday? So as a result of that and Irma and it being 8 months prior to our stay we were hesitant about sending this gal a wire transfer deposit, Then after Irma, our emails to her went un returned for months and the hotel phone just rang and rang without anyone answering.Who in their right mind would feel comfortable sending her over $6K without some assurances? She later said " that is what insurance is for". " My phone rings all day with requests" she said. Well, by the time we got closer to our arrival date in March and settled on everything, and her sending us the final proposal for two beach suites, and my agreeing to now send the funds, she then sending me the authorization form -the following day she then abruptly sends me an email saying "Unfortunately" that the hotel was now "FULL"! What?!
So I say- I do not believe her and that she is not telling the truth and I say that she is disreputable and i say to fellow travelers beware and to not to frequent this little place unless you are really desperate. I strongly believe that she has had numerous issues in the past, relating to bait and switch and I strongly urge you to look elsewhere. There are numerous other options if you spend time on the internet.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelGoGoPro
Reviewed December 21, 2017

We had a room without own sundeck. Our balcony looking over Flamands beach. We bought some croissants at the local grocery store and enjoyed breakfast on the balcony every morning. Slept with the window open and lulled to sleep by the waves. With the larger resorts still closed people are staying away, for us it added to our trip! We were the only ones on the beach many times, our own private getaway, I wouldn't have traded it for anything! La Langoste is on property and a great restaurant. People very friendly. It is sort of a no frills place - and I loved it!

Room Tip: As usual...the ocean rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple