All reviews la langouste beach front flamands beach beachfront room croissants other hotels beautiful beach a family run hotel st barths small hotel direct access to the beach love st would stay here again sound of the waves enjoyed our stay rooms are clean every morning
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Wow! The Baie des Anges was a beautiful, very clean hotel right on the ocean. Our absolutely spotless room had a fabulous view and was only 30 feet from the calm, bright blue waters on the Anse de Flammonds. We had a romantic four poster canopy bed with gauze bug netting gathered on each corner (you never needed the netting--great air conditioning and no bugs).

Our deal included a car to get around the island and breakfast daily.

Annie (the owner) was there every day, and she and her staff were very friendly, helpful and a joy to get to know.

St. Barts is an expensive island, but the Baie des Anges was not nearly as expensive as other hotels, and its small size (only 12 units) made it easy to get the know everyone. Plus, it's on a beautiful beach.

The hotel's restaurant, La Langouste, was also great. The lobster, their specialty, was outstanding, but the other meals we had there were also top notch.

We loved visiting all of the beaches in St. Barts. They are remote and beautiful.

We've visited several Caribbean islands and although each is beautiful in its own way, St. Barts was one of our favorites. The arrival by plane was a treat and adventure in itself--even for those who hate roller coasters (my wife)!

Just don't plan on watching t.v. in our room(why would you want to?)-only two stations were available in English-both CNN.

We will return!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 71basher
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Hotel is in a perfect location, just make sure you rent a car! Rooms are very spacious, clean and quiet. This was my third trip to St. Barth and I will most definitely return to this hotel!

PS: Definitely check out La Langoste for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank cheyse
Reviewed May 2, 2008

(Although everything in St. Barth's is very, very expensive, I am still reviewing this place according to value for dollar (or Euro). This is one of the cheapest hotels on the island, amazingly, yet we paid the equivalent of $500 a night in high season (which dropped to about $350 when low season began half-way through our visit). I've stayed in London, Paris, Geneva, Zermatt, Gstaad--but still was amazed at prices here.) Anyway: the positives: location is wonderful and the owner (Annie) is a great person (she was really helpful with suggestions and didn't balk at driving me to the airport at 6:30 AM. Her family has lived on the island for eight generations, so be sure to ask about the history of the place. I was traveling with friends on this trip, so she asked me to come back with my family the next time--this is a very family-friendly hotel). The hotel is small and intimate and directly on a gorgeous beach. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfasts were very French (bread-based) and good. Each room has a little kitchenette on the balcony that allowed us to prepare several meals "at home." The rooms all have very nice views of the bay (which is beautiful with little commercial development) and get great cooling winds from the water. The beach is very nice for sunning and long walks, but the waters were too rough to allow any swimming while we were there. The less-than-positives: the hotel needed some updating and repairs (all little things, like a torn beach umbrella, old sliding glass doors, interior walls in need of a fresh coat of paint, outdated bathrooms, older furniture, broken clock radio, rusty appliances (not surprising, because they are in salt air), incomplete inventory of kitchen items, broken shower head, broken public phone). The one meal we had at the restaurant was pricy and not very good. The drive to our hotel from Gustavia took about 10-15 minutes over some very bumpy, hilly roads with hairpin turns (par for the course on the island, though).

All in all, I would say that this is a comfortable hotel that needs some updates but has great beach access and accomodating management and staff.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kluttel71
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I've been to St-Barth with my sister during the month of November for 12 days and we stayed at the Hotel Baie des Anges in Flamands. It was absolutely beautiful. It is a small and friendly hotel right on the beach of Flamands. Be careful of the beach because the current was be strong and the waves can be a little rough.
We had a room on the first floor and it was very big and clean. The bathroom was also big and there was lots of storage for all of our clothes. There is a lovely balcony with a great view of the beach. I really recommend this hotel, because it wasn't very expensive compared to other hotels on the island and the room was very nice.
I recommend to rent a car, that you can book via the hotel, so you can travel around the island and go beach-hopping.
The island is really small so you can go anywhere in just 15 minutes. Sometimes it can be a little tricky to drive on those steep roads, but it's fun.
The restaurants are amazing also, I especially recommend the Wall House in Gustavia and Esprit de Salines.
I am already looking forward to going back one day and I would definitely stay at Baie des Anges.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Admayor
Reviewed August 21, 2007

We were scheduled to stay from the 10th through the 18th. US Airways delayed us in Charlotte, NC and we had to stay overnight so we did not arrive in St Barths until very late on the the 11th. Yes, we lost a nights stay and were charged as most places will do.

The hotel owner (Angie) hires exceptional people and as a result the hotel is well run. The rooms are clean, the food is exceptional and the beach is stunning. You can rent a room with a car as part of a package. The prices are available on Angies website.

About the only area I can pick is the SAT. TV had only about 4 channels. 3 were in French and the only english station (CNN) went away after about half the stay. This left us with only 3 French speaking stations. Since hurricane Dean was near us it would have been nice to have had an english speaking station to check on its position.

Just a note: We stayed in a Deluxe room (there are only 2 like this) which has the kitchenette outside overlooking the beach. We found the refrigerator (which is outside in the heat) a little weak for keeping anything other than cheese and drinks. The little freezer worked pretty well but anything below that was not going to get very cold. If your planning on making a meal and storing leftovers you will want to be careful and consider the temperature.

Overall, this hotel is a great place and the beach is awsome. We may be back one day.

P.S. Take plenty of bug spray with deet. The mosquitos were bad because of the rain. I was told that they are not usually that bad.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple