All reviews hot tub great location the kitchen christmas loft snow vernon skiing village shuttle pet downhill dishes runs skis slopes
Reviewed January 18, 2018

We stayed in Pinnacles suite 4 and had the most amazing experience. The views, the hot tub, the alpine decor and fire place all added to the perfect accommodation. It was clean and had everything we needed for our family of 5. The staff were friendly and very accommodating too. We will definately choose to stay there again next time.

Room Tip: The suites facing the village have the better views and the upper ones would be the best.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Destanne N, General Manager at The Pinnacles Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2018

On behalf of the Suite #4 Owner and The Pinnacles Management and Team, we were pleased that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your review about your wonderful family holiday in Suite 4! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

We were in suite 3 for Christmas. Great ski in ski out. Clean and super friendly staff. We had amazing sunrises every day! Hot tub was a bonus. Close to village for good pub food. Small grocery and liquor store in village has good selection.About 30km from Vernon. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Facing ski hill for fantastic views.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LorandAl

On behalf of Suite #3 Owner and The Pinnacles Management and Team, thank you for choosing to stay with us. Also, for taking the time to write a wonderful review and recommend. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope you are able to come stay again in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I never write reviews in the past. But I am very upset about this Suite and the customer service. POOR!

This suite is located about 30 min away from Vernon. It is located in top hill. Very high and steep hill. Almost took us 25 min to drive from the bottom to the top of the hill. Not convenient at all.

There is no air conditioning in the suite. There are only 2 rooms which can fit 4 people. It is very hot sleeping in the loft area. This suite can accommodate 11 people. So out of 11, 7 people will have to sleep in the loft which is very uncomfortable. There is only one fan in the loft and it is very loud. Some of us choose to sleep in the sofa instead.

What makes me upset is the hotel charged me an additional $100 for not cleaning the kitchen via my credit card without my consent.
1) There is no written terms and conditions about cleaning when I book the suite online

2) There is no check in procedures at all. Nothing was mentioned about the cleaning and the penalty. Even I checked in late, nothing about the cleaning policy was mentioned the next day. I got charged without any VERBAL OR WRITTEN CONSENT. I am not aware of it. If I know that there is a policy of cleaning up after the kitchen use and the penalty, I would not book this suite, or use the kitchen, or I would clean it up after use to avoid the penalty. THIS IS SO UNFAIR. I felt being cheated.

3) When I checked out, nothing was mentioned about the cleaning. Also, the staff did not inspect the suite.

I got charged via credit card after I checked out a few hours later. She sent me an email with a picture showing a note of the policy and penalty was posted in the SIDE WALL OF THE FRIDGE. Very Strange. Common sense people will know that they should post it in the FRONT DOOR OF THE FRIDGE NOT THE SIDE WALL. POST IT IN SOMEWHERE THAT IS EYE CATCHING. Feeling so being cheated, why do they not telling me instead of putting up note in not eye catching area. I DID NOT SEE THAT NOTE. You don't put note to tell people if a penalty is involved. What happen if they miss seeing it or I doubt if it is actually there when we arrive???? What a trap!

Some hotels has kitchen as well and no cleaning needs to be done. If I am not told, how can they charge me?

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cmecollection
The Pinnacles S, General Manager at The Pinnacles Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

To all discerning readers, past and future guests: below is my response to the guest who booked through Expedia on Expedia reviews. This review is unfounded and slanderous. The location and description of the Suite are correctly listed on Expedia, as well as the posted policy in full view in each Suite regarding leaving dirty dishes for housekeeping upon departure.

Dear Maria, I had the pleasure of serving you when you stayed recently. We have thousands of people and repeat guests who happily stay in The Pinnacles’ Suites during the Summer and Winter at Silver Star Mountain Resort. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address each of your points specifically: 1. Location: Expedia has The Pinnacles' location and distances to The Pinnacles at Silver Star Mountain Resort from Vernon correct. You do need to drive uphill to get to this mountain resort. 2. Room Description: Expedia has Suite #1 that you reserved listed as Two Bedrooms with Lofts (3 Queen Beds and 5 single beds), which sleep up to 11 people, which is correct. I would have readily answered any questions you had regarding the 2 lofts and bed configurations to make sure they were suitable for your group had you inquired. 3. Check-In: We spoke on the phone a few times regarding your arrival. When you phoned to let me know that it would be after 11pm, I said there would be a check-in package awaiting you in our Guest Reception. You arrived close to midnight and I got out of bed to help direct you to your Suite. In the morning when you came to register we spoke pleasantly and I gave you information regarding The Pinnacles and the Vernon area. 4. There are no Vacation homes at Silver Star Mountain Resort that have air conditioning - The Pinnacles included. 5. In the kitchens on the fridges in all Suites there's a bright laminated sign which is very hard to miss that clearly states if you choose to leave your dishes upon departure for housekeeping to clean there will be a $100.00 charge. You left all dishes and cookware for 11 people dirty on the dining table and counter. The charge posted was applied to your credit card. An email with receipt and image of the policy posted was sent. Sincerely, Destanne Norris, General Manager

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a few weeks for a family reunion. Despite the smoke lingering from the fires in BC The views are unbelievably breathtaking. And a hot tub to enjoy them.

Super close to the village for food, drinks, hiking, biking and a bit of shopping. Only about 20 to 25 minutes to Vernon for bigger shopping or eating.

Destin, the manager was super accommodating. Fantastic time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
The Pinnacles S, General Manager at The Pinnacles Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

On behalf of the Suite Owners and Management at The Pinnacles Thank You for choosing to stay with us! And for your kind comments. It was wonderful to have you and your family stay. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

It was a ski in ski out suite. Lots of room for a group of people. Great service, clean. Hot Tub. The mountain was amazing, good snow and not busy and crazy like Whistler. They are always expanding and building new things at Silver Star, always more to do. Things do close early on the mountain except on Friday and Saturdays. Not far to the city of Vernon. it is a year round resort with mountain bike trails for summer vacation. So many options and runs for skiing or boarding.

Room Tip: rooms facing the mountain are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

On behalf of the Suite Owners and Management at The Pinnacles a belated Thank You! The Pinnacles, once the original day lodge has history and character on Silver Star Mountain. It is a great mountain to play on in both Winter and Summer. We appreciate your time in commenting and for your positive feedback. Hope to see you again for a ski holiday this coming winter.