My partner took me here for my birthday, we stayed for two nights and had a very lovely time.
In terms of reviewing the hotel however I have to be honest and say it wasn't amazing, We had room service the first night and then ate at The Stables on the second. The food was (I think??!) from the same kitchen and it was average. Not awful but not great. I had a prawn salad which was literally lettuce and prawns and the second night I had fish pie which was very bland.
The atmosphere in The Stables was ace however and after our meals I had many a delicious cocktail :)
Room wise, the beds are TINY. I rang up to ask if we could move rooms and was told because all of the beds are antique, they are all pretty small. The room was clean and the bathroom was nice. I just felt it lacked the WOW factor. On our first full morning we went down for breakfast and then dawdled about waiting for the room to be spruced up (it is one of my favourite things about staying in a hotel, you get to return to a made bed, fresh cups and a clean bathroom!). We gave them until midday yet the room still hadnt been done. 1pm came and went, still nothing. Eventually I asked at reception and all was sorted but for me, the 'magical' room tidy is a touch that matters...
Breakfast was very nice, lots of choice, deliciously cooked. No complaints there.
I would rate this hotel as "Good" but unfortunately Trip Advisor scale jumps from "Average" to "Very Good" and this place sits right in-between the two.
It was nice, you will have a pleasant stay its just not as amazing as it could be if they looked into adding a few extra little touches here and there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley