“The best Apfelkuchen I have ever tasted!”
Review of Gladina

Gladina
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Konstanz
Reviewed February 26, 2018

After having had a terrible snack at another place (the identity of which I will not disclose out of charity), my wife and I walked into Gladina to wash the taste of the meal from our taste buds with a dessert. We were immediately transplanted into gustatory heaven! I can quite literally say that the Apfelkuchen (apple cake with crumble on top) was the best I have ever tasted in my life, surpassing even the similar "Szarlotka" that I have enjoyed in many Polish towns. The apples were clearly fresh from the orchard and the crust was delicious! My wife had a chocolate cake that was also incredibly tasty. As it was a cold day, I also had a herbal tea, and to my pleasant surprise it was a genuine "infusion" and not the usual teabag variety, and was served piping hot.

They also serve ice cream and frozen yogurt, although as it was very cold outside, we were not tempted by them. But if they are anything like their cakes, they must be splendid as well.

This is definitely a place worth going out of your way for -- and as we ruefully realized a few days later when we tried to return on a Sunday, we are not the only ones to think so, as this time it was packed to full capacity, with additional people queuing just to buy cakes to take home. My advice is to go during the week and in the early afternoon. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

Europe is hot this time of the year and it's getting hotter each year. To cool oneself what a better way but to cool on a cold coffee and a piece of cheesecake
Well it was the best so far.

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across this place as we were looking for somewhere to eat breakfast. As soon as we saw the selection of freshly baked cakes we decided to ditch breakfast and go for Kaffee und Kuchen instead...They didn't disappoint and the lady serving us was so lovely! The breakfasts also looked really good though and if we hadn't been leaving Konstanz that morning then we would have been back to sample them (and more cake!)

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

First impression was clean and elegant interior.
Friendly stuff with swift service.
Coffees like espresso and cappuccino are almost as good as Italian. The variety of nice cakes is something that i have flagged to come back for more.
So i definitely recommend this place and looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2017

As a frequent visitor of Konstanz we visited Gladina the first time. What an experience! Friendly staff, great cakes and a pleasant envrionment made our day. Can just highly recommend this place and we are looking forward to visiting this place again.