Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$275
Expedia.comUS$275
PricelineUS$275
TravelocityUS$275
TripadvisorUS$275
Orbitz.comUS$275
All reviews single room half board garage massage luggage hill spa wellness village snow mountains building apartment
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2020

I booked this hotel because it is a "wellness" hotel in the mountains. Not easy to get to from Munich airport it looked good and the location seemed amazing. The hotel is lovely and the room was very nice. BUT the service was astonishingly bad for a country that prides itself on a very professional hotel tradition. I was shouted at my the lady Maitre D' at the restaurant. Twice. Once in front of a member of the front desk staff, whilst I was talking to her about being shouted at the first time. It is embarrassing at best to be told I cannot have a table for dinner because I have no reservation and I would just have to wait. I asked for how long will I have to wait, and I was told again, this time in the most emphatic terms, loudly and very rudely that I had to book and I should just wait. I was astonished. And mortified. I said no one had told me I should book. I was then given a lecture. Nice. So pleasant for me, this poor illiterate creature, being schooled in their rules by a Bavarian Maitresse d'Hote. In fact the entire restaurant staff save one Indian gentleman (who could teach this ill mannered staff a thing or two) were at best stand offish and at worse, downright rude. Breakfast is free seating, and I had to wait until everyone else in the dining room was served before the waiter wandered up to me and asked me what hot drink I wanted. When I ordered tea with 2 bags (as the tea here is weak compared to English tea), he didn't ask if I wanted milk. Just plonked it down. When I used the cream by mistake and asked for a replacement cup, that came a bit later, with no offer to refill the tea pot. It is just plain bad service. This is meant to be a 5 star hotel. So it is meant to be up there with the Four Seasons, the Ritz, etc. in terms of service. It barely compares to the most average hotel in London and pales into simply poor compared to any hotel I have ever stayed at in Austria. Which is about 20 minutes away! If you compare this hotel to somewhere like Park Igls, it is no more than a Premier Inn. Ultimately, what one is looking for is comfort and kindness. The former was there, but the latter was in very short supply. The Spa reception is curt at best and deeply unhelpful. The prevailing attitude is that they are doing you a favour and given that I had booked 12 treatments over 3 days, I would beg to differ. The reception staff are sweet but only Mr muller was actually of any use; the rest were very polite but failed to inform me that everything, including use of the pool and spa, has to be booked every day. What written information there is was all in German. Again, not helpful. I am on day 2 of my stay. Lets hope that it gets better because so far, I cannot wait for an airbridge to Austria where I can avail of their hospitality. All I can say is that Covid-19, used as an excuse for the restaurant, is no excuse at all. This virus attacks the lungs, not manners.

Room tip: This is not a 5 star hotel. Be prepared to be ignored and given very curt direction
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Shalaleh21
Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

We had room 414 with a fantastic mountainview. The room is very confortable, not too big but enough space for 2 people and a lot of bagage. When the window is open during the night, you hear some traffic noice.

The atmosphere in the hotel in general is quiet and classical chic. Please note that German guests are a little bit introvert, some however forgot how to smile....

The facilities in the hotel are clean, comfortable and luxurious. The offered sport and entertainment program is divers.

Schrohtkur:
The preparation and organisation of the ‘detox-plan’ is flexible and good.
The food is excellent! The chef is a magician. Although he has a very limited choice of ingredients, the meals were very tasteful.

Staff:
Very courteous, friendly and attentive. From the sporttrainer to the päckerin, they are highly customer focused and professional.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manuel L, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Allgau Sonne, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Dear Caroline,

thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a lovely feedback on your stay with us.

We are delighted to hear, that you had such a pleasant stay and you felt comfortable with your room.

I would like to thank you for your praising words on our employees and the Schrothkur food. I will gladly share them with my team. It is our aim and pleasure to make each of our visitors feel welcome at the Allgäu Sonne.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards
Manuel Levinger

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival no assistance with the luggage. The check-in process was lengthy but ok. WiFi spotty. The suite type room spacious with a tiny bathroom (?). Wellness - Pool area modern. The restaurant is depressing. 35 minute wait for lunch with only 8 (!) other guests...The breakfast buffet in turn is good.
Our disappointment relates to the Hotel’s architecture. You are blocked in just about everywhere. In a spectacular region they managed to allow you to enjoy the extraordinary views in one room only... the gym when you exercise. No views from the Lobby. No views from the restaurant, no views from the pool area and certainly no views from the room. Suffocating.
There are too many excellent options in the area and in that price category that we suggest you look further.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank YesWereGlobal
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

The best hotel in Oberstaufen. Excellent breakfast. Very good location. Perfect service. Wonderful panorama hall. Very comfortable beds. Big and nice swimming pool area. Huge sauna. With pleasure I’ll come back here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Great Wellness and Sport Hotel........State of the art Fitness Center and Sport program..... indoor and outdoor Pool... Massages and Physik-therapy stuff can do miricales!!! - and I mean it...... Live entertaiment every Night... good Location to hike, bike and ski in the Allgäu

Date of stay: March 2017