Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Stayed at the Rosenalp for a wonderful 7 days on my own (solo male). Was made very welcome and shown around the hotel and spa on arrival and explained the Schroth Cure I had signed up for.
First evening I was shown to a table and explained this was my table for the week. Unfortunately shared with a loved up German couple who spoke no English and I, not speaking any German, all exchanged panicked glances. I requested a solo table and after a movie scene from Ratatouille about "what's new", I got shown to another table on my own. Other solo people I think had also requested the same. There were a few of us.

The food I have to say was tasty and imaginiative and served in a seperate restaurant to those not on a deto/weight loss or restricted diet. I never felt too hungry and the fruit herbal tea bar was available to stave off any cravings.
First morning was a full checkup from the docs with bloods taken and a consultation on any health problems. Then an hour with the physiotherapist. Not having anything to discuss I had an hour massage- bliss.
The rooms are modern and clean with beautiful views over the town or hills.
The spa is massive with an indoor pool extending to the outside. Lovely and warm every time and never crowded and no screaming kids.
Plenty of outdoor loungers and tables if you get there in the sunny weather.
Treatments were professional and never rushed.
Location is on the edge of Oberstaufen and a few minutes walk to the centre and also to the start of some amazing but gentle 5 to 10km hill walks.
As a solo traveller sometimes you feel awkward in a hotel full of couples and families. This is not the case at the Rosenalp. If you want to converse with people you can. Or if you are happy to sit with a book and a glass of wine and not speak to anyone then you'll not be alone.
All the staff spoke English which was a plus.
Can't recommend the Rosenalp enough.
Just have to put on some weight and use this as an excuse to go back and lose it.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank S D
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Lovely week spent at this fantastic resort, where they really care for the customer. Very sastified with the level of service and facilities.
Walking distance from down town with plenty of walks to do. The spa is very nice and clean and there is always fresh aromatised water to dring and a tea bar.

Room tip: Rooms have no air conditioned, so if it is a very hot summer you may have a bit of uncomfort. For the rest it is very recommendable.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Allgaeuer_Rosenalp, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Gesundheitsresort & Spa Allgaeuer Rosenalp, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Thank you for your positive review!

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic, modern, functional SPA. Various programs to choose ( fasting, liquid food, Schroth cure etc. ) . Great GYM , equipped with machines possible and imaginable for every part of body. Very interesting, long ( can be 3 hours) hiking, through meadows, forest...

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 8 days on shrot cure . Extremely well managed family owned hotel . Outstanding staff and excellent service and comfortable place . Beautiful Spa and top Physio therapy center in the hotel

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Allgaeuer_Rosenalp, Marketing Manager at Gesundheitsresort & Spa Allgaeuer Rosenalp, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2016

Dear guest,

many thanks for your kind words following your recent stay at the Rosenalp Hotel in Oberstaufen.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us including the service and facilities that we offer to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

With best regards,

The Schaedler family

Reviewed January 6, 2015

We came to Bavaria to spend New Years Eve with our daughter and son-in-law who live in Germany. They spent last year at the Rosenalp. It is a spa resort, with differing levels of meal service from the full gourmet, to the full package and a number of health related diets. They have a number of fitness activities and a full gym. We used the sauna every day, and some of us did walks in the countryside and heavy workouts in the gym. there was a New Years Eve Bash, a soft jazz band, a fashion show during our stay. The wait staff is top notch, as are the bar staff. A member of the owners family is always around to make sure everything is top notck, and every comfort is offered. The food in the full board was very good, with European portions. The excercise, sauna and menu helped this 2x guy loose 7 pounds in a week, and thouroughly enjoy our stay. our only regret is that there are no American television stations, we were relegated to BBC news and Al Jazziera in english. Thank goodness I could get Fox News on my iPhone.

Room tip: a view of the village of Oberstaffen.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank B9514SQpaulb
Allgaeuer_Rosenalp, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Gesundheitsresort & Spa Allgaeuer Rosenalp, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2015

Dear Paul,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your impressions on your enjoyable and memorable stay on NYE at Rosenalp. Your praise is well received by the colleagues and they are thrilled that you appreciated their service from the heart!
We thank you for rating our hotel, one of the Best in Oberstaufen, and for being such a wonderful guest. We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel on the occasion of your next trip to Germany.

Best regards,