Vio.com
Etrip
StayForLong
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2016

good service, efficient reception and concierge, clean and cozy rooms, great spa and fitness room and to top it up, an excellent kitchen with an efficient and friendly service. the wine list is well balanced and prices are most reasonable! a true "family" hotel!

Room tip: corner junior suite towards the valley
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2015 via mobile

This hotel started by the owner giving orange squash to hikers many years ago, then they rented a back room it progressed from this humble beginning to what is now one of the best hotels in Germany. The view is fabulous just as is the hotel. I have returned many times since my first visit. There is nothing one can fault about it.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank robert h
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stumbled upon this small hotel and thought we would try the restaurant as we were staying close by in Oberstaufen. Wow what an experiance. From the moment we arrived we were treated with the best possible customer service by kind and attentive staff. The decor is a mixture of traditional and modern which works well and the place is impecable with a real feeling of quality. We enjoyed the stunning views from the outside terrace whilst we enjoyed a pre dinner drink and perused the menu. Our Table for dinner shared the same fantastic views of the distant mountains, together with grazing deer just alongside the restaurants panaramic windows. The meal itself was exceptional, with small tasters complements of the chef between courses, washed down with a very nice local wine. We were also lucky enough to have booked the same night as a small Bavarian band were playing so were teated to live music after dinner in the company of a mixture of locals and hotel guests.
With a final bill just short of 100 euros, what more can I say. We were not hotel guests but were treated with warmth and excetional courtesy, the overall experiance enables me to recommend this hotel for its restaurant and I'm sure as a place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mpjd58
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went here for a long weekend- it's exclusive and comfortable, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the location is perfect.

Staff: Everybody was incredibly friendly and helpful, except for one lady at the breakfast room, who was a bit inflexible about the location of our breakfast table. Yet after insisting, it was made possible that we sit close to the window. The owners are a present and make sure that they say hi, speak a few words with the guests and know what's going on.

Room: SPACIOUS, no carpet, big bathroom. Their hotel amenities are amazing- the shampoo and body lotion was high quality.

Food: we had all inclusive, and it was marvelous- the breakfast buffet was large, and again I was baffled by the selection and the attention to detail- whatever food allergy you have, you will not starve there. Dinner was plenty and great.

wellness: I found the massages a tad overpriced, but they were not bad. The saunas- fantastic! New, clean, state of the art! The panorama sauna is fun with the goats and the elks peeking in every once in a while. The infra-red chambers are fantastic and were great for my awful aching back. The sole steambath had a huge crystal in it, so pretty. The quiet room is spacious, they thought of everything.

I will definitely come back and recommend this place to my loved ones.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I have to admit it:this place is a hidden gem down in Bavarian Alps.
Lets say the all god things first and at the end I will mention only one that bothered me during our stay.
Skiing facilities: We do not ski so cant really say anything regarding location and facilities fro skiing but....
SPA: We do love spa procedures. I would say this hotel is the best ever we stayed comparing interior of the spa,variety of different massages and all that as an added bonus to the friendliest staff in the hotel.
Meals: We booked a half board and believe me you do not need more then that. The buffet breakfast is very rich but unfortunately same every day. Lunch we did not try.Still full from breakfast. Dinner is a piece of art from decoration point of you.Delicious if we are talking about taste,different every day with 3 choices for main course. The chef is really really good.
Drinks: Wild selection of wines poor selection at the bar regarding cocktails and drinks.
Rooms: Good size.wonderful views from all of them.
Hotel: The cleanest ever place I`ve been to.
English: That is the only one disappointment which we had during our stay.NO leaflets or information in English.Staff was trying their best to help us but in some point especially the main waiter( who speaks English) was ignoring us. Kind of we had to ask other English speaking German guests to translate us the meals,the questionnaire. Got just a bad feeling. Do not take me wrong here.I do not expect from everyone to speak English but at least if you do speak you can help the guests out.
Have in mind that was only n the restaurant.
Wishing you to enjoy your holiday in that beautiful hotel.

Date of stay: January 2011