Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Great location in Oberstaufen, wonderful views of the Alps. Very friendly and attentive reception staff, despite our language barrier. The rooms have balconies overlooking a park and the town with the Alps in the distance. The rooms are comfortable, with a warm atmosphere, really cosy. The central heating is really efficient. Breakfast was a real treat! Waiting staff attentive and helpful. The Spa is very comfy, if you want a treatment I'll suggest you make a booking beforehand, they are really popular.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
52525EM, Manager at Lindner Parkhotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Mr. Gideon,
many thanks for the great lines, which we read with great pleasure. We are very pleased that you felt completely comfortable and that you were 100% satisfied with all our services.
We would be very happy to welcome you back soon and send our best regards from Oberstaufen.
Your hotel manager Eberhard Müller
and the entire Lindner Parkhotel & Spa team

Reviewed March 11, 2019

Stayed here for a short week with family. Hotel is located at the edge of the center of (small) town, walking distance to all shops and restaurants.
Near the hotel (10 min drive) are 2 main ski area's with over 15 tracks each (Steibis & Hundle). These area's are excellently facilitated and have rental/ski schools at both places.
We stayed in the suite, which was very spacious, and ideally equipped for 4 with 1 separate bedroom apart from the larger main room.
Hotel is very decent, swimming & spa area are large and well equipped, fitness are rather small.
Restaurant is very good. Breakfast was excellent, and in the evening the dinner has daily changing menu's of great quality and choices (fish/meat/vegetarian).
Overall a good hotel, although high priced.

Room tip: The package deal included ski passes for both ski area's. Extra day passes are ~30 euro's per adult
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
52525EM, Manager at Lindner Parkhotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Dear Guest,
many thanks for the good recommendation and that you made the effort to rate our hotel so extensively. We are very pleased that you felt comfortable and were very satisfied with all our services. We look forward to your next visit.
Best regards from Oberstaufen
Your hotel manager Eberhard Müller & all employees

Reviewed September 24, 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel which is rated 5 star on our trip from Austria to The Netherlands. I was very disappointed in them because except for one lady at the reception nobody bothered to speak to me in English as I do not speak German. The bedroom was fine, the showers however on the top floor under the roof are too small and my tall husband had to ben double in order to be able to shower, because the shower cabins are too low! The food was not anything special. The internet connection did not work at all which is unacceptable for a four star hotel! One lady at the reception told us that this was not a one-off occurrence but the norm with the Internet access. The only thing they excelled in was their breakfasts1

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
52525EM, Manager at Lindner Parkhotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear Claudette,
Thank you for taking the trouble to evaluate our hotel so thoroughly and honestly. With great regret we have read the lines. First of all, we would like to formally apologise to you for the fact that our staff did not speak to you in English. Surely one or the other of our employees is not so sure in the English language and therefore did not speak. We offer 12 different room categories from single rooms to maisonettes and suites. We would be happy to advise you personally for your next stay. The maisonette rooms are not very comfortable for a tall man. We also apologize for the poor internet connection. The technical department was informed immediately and the error corrected.
Dear Claudette, we would be very pleased if you would give us a second chance and visit us again. Your hotel director Eberhard Müller & all employees of the Lindner Parkhotel & Spa greet you warmly.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Happy to recommend the hotel. We were very satisfied with our stay in Lindner Park hotel in Oberstaufen; friendly local staff, delicious simple food, clean and relatively recently redecorated premises, good facilities and great location. The village itself is also very tidy and twee place to visit.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Sanna H
52525EM, Manager at Lindner Parkhotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Dear Sanna,
thank you very much for your great feedback.
It makes us very happy to read that you feeled comfortable at our hotel and enjoyed the time staying at Oberstaufen.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you soon again.
Best wishes,
your host and hotel manager Eberhard Müller
and the Parkhotel Team

Reviewed August 11, 2017

The bad:
I drove from Zurich to Oberstaufen and chose this hotel based on their description of the mountain view. I even spent more on a better room (1st class room) to ensure the view would be good. When I arrived at the hotel, it seemed apparent that there was not so much of a mountain view, but rather just generic hills... There was a small mountain in the background, but when I checked into my room to discover that this wasn't even visible I was very disappointed. I'd specifically requested the mountain view in my booking, as well as paying more for this. When I asked the reception why the view wasn't as described (mountain/spa view) she got very defensive and said the hills were mountains... Realising that they weren't going to offer me a better room, I decided to make the most of the hotel never the less. As I arrived around 19:30pm, I went straight to dinner as the a-la-carte menu was finishing at 20:30. The staff in the restaurant were very nice, but the meal was over-priced and took 45 minutes to be served. Whilst waiting for the dinner, I was enjoying the ambiance of the rustic room for about 10 minutes before they started playing loud cheesy pop music. The volume was changed up and down throughout and the playlist was inappropriate to the setting. By the time dinner was served and eaten, my plans to use the spa were ruined, as they close the spa at 21:00! I did have a quick look at the spa, but it was very dated looking and not so enticing...
The hotel charged me 2.50 Euros for the parking, which was advertised as free when I booked.

The good:
The hotel was very quiet, allowing for a good nights sleep.
The breakfast was plentiful and very good!
The lady at check-out was very friendly.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel, as they oversold themselves. I paid well over 200 Euros for one night for an experience more fitted to a 100 Euro per night hotel... Don't advertise a 'mountain view' when it's just hills. This really annoyed me, as there were other hotels near by with much better positions for a good view of the scenery.

Date of stay: August 2017
52525EM, Manager at Lindner Parkhotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your honest opinion and that you have taken the trouble to evaluate our house. Too bad you were not satisfied with the view from our hotel rooms. Certainly there are hotels in and around Oberstaufen which can offer a better mountain view. These hotels then have no advantage in 5 minutes walk to reach the village of Oberstaufen. The parking fees have been charged since July 1 - this is new and in some portals, unfortunately, the parking fee is not yet updated. We work on it. Please excuse. Also we would like to apologize for the music in the evening in the restaurant. We will talk to you immediately. Thanks for the hint.
Yours sincerely, from Oberstaufen