NH Bingen(Bingen am Rhein)
US$100
  • Restaurant
Hotel Weinhaus Selmigkeit(Bingen am Rhein)
US$89
US$82
Hotel Krone(Bingen am Rhein)
US$85
Hotel Roemerhof(Bingen am Rhein)
US$94
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cafe Koeppel(Bingen am Rhein)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2015

Stopped here for lunch and was hoping for a good experience. Service from the waiter serving several outdoor tables was very very slow. When our two lunch salads arrived, they were below average...lots of water remaining on the plate. My advice: keep on walking.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2015

Stayed here on a bike tour with a friend. Hotel which is across the street from the restaurant was simple, unadorned but clean. Beds comfortable but slightly squeaky. The restaurant obviously had a great cook. I had spargel with phenomenal Hollandaise sauce with a big fillet of salmon, beautifully seasoned and cooked to perfection, plus extra veg as I don't eat starch. I wouldn've chewed the plate if possible

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gearoidmuar
Reviewed January 19, 2015

Reading carefully the review 2 before this and examining the photo of what was written on the note, it clearly says 130, underlined and right below that in the same ink is written 4 persons. Zili was not cheated. The 4 is written that way over there. To an American it could be taken as a 6, but it isn't.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BlueWampus
Reviewed November 7, 2014

We have been here for the 5th time friends during the Winzerfest in September.
We are treaded here very well, friendly boss and always in the mood for a joke.
Breakfast is ok, choise is enough for a weekend stay.
Rooms are neat.
Hotel location is very good with a nice view over the Rhein river

Room Tip: At each floor you have an appartment room, very spacy with a little kitchen. Not with a view at the river Rhein. Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

On Oct. 4, my family of 6 arrived at a neighbouring hotel (Rheinhotel Starkenburger Hof) where we had an HRS reservation, and with a confirmation printout in hand. Unfortunately, that hotel couldn't find our reservation. They called this hotel, Rheingau, but suggested that I walk over to take a look without taking any luggage.

The owner showed me two rooms, and told me that altogether it would be 130 Euros. He even wrote "130" on a piece of paper to give me (see photo attached). Just to make sure, I told him in no uncertain words, and both in English and German, that we had 6 people, including 2 children. He replied: "Kein problem."

I then brought my family and the luggage back, and went to the counter to get the keys. Incredibly, and with a straight face and without any shame, the man told me that I now had to pay 180, because 130 was for 4 people only.

I refused, and walked back to the first hotel, asking them to call another hotel for me. The lady owner of the hotel still called back "Rheingau" and negotiated. She then told me that Rheingau wanted 20 Euros extra, for the kids' breakfast cost. The lady wrote this on the same piece of paper (see photo), and suggested that perhaps there was miscommunication because of language issues. I told her that I used both German and English to confirm 130 was for 6 people.

I accepted 150 only because we had in our party one 79 years old, one 78 year old, one 8 years old, and one 5 years old. I was utterly disgusted by this man. We are Asian-Americans, and primarily speak English. I perceived this as discriminatory, because I don't believe that the hotel owner dared to treat German tourists like this. We have had a very enjoyable time in Germany, except at this hotel. What a shame!

Room Tip: Please just be aware that the hotel owner is a tricky person, and was dishonest with us. If you are aware and protect yourselves, hopefully you will be fine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family