“Beautiful nature, delicious food, unique experience”
Review of Vignes & Oliviers

Vignes & Oliviers
Ranked #10 of 12 Restaurants in Bikfaya
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Very friendly atmosphere, the food is very healthy and inspired by south of France and south of Italy traditional recipes.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

I recently invited my family to try Vignes et Olivier for lunch. I had heard such good things about it when it was located in their previous location, near the American Embassy in Aoukar; clearly my expectations were extremely high.

We arrived around 1 PM and the staff was very friendly. I asked for a wine list and they said they had run out of the particular wine I wanted, which was fine. As we were ordering our appetisers, we were asked to order our main meals because they said they were under pressure because of the overbooking of the restaurant and they didn't want us to wait. We obliged and ordered a bunch of things to share and taste. The pictures they had posted on Facebook were amazing, so we were all excited to try a bunch of things.

The appetisers came out and it was mostly chees on regular bread with some added condiments or foie gras on the same type of bread with some jam on top, or goat cheese with honey in some sort of kaak bread ( which is was not bad at all ). All in all the appetisers were, JUST OK. Nothing to brag or boast about.

For our main course, we were recommended their speciality, duck. We also ordered grilled chicken, and skewers of Australian beef. All orders came with a side of fries.

The duck was soggy, the chicken tasteless, and meat was semi-decent. Fries were average but we ate them as the food was pretty much given to the stray cat that was meowing next to us.

Honestly, I have no idea why people have spoken highly about it, as it deserves nothing.

We didn't even order desert of coffee, which is extremely atypical of us to do, even if the meal wasn't great.

I can confirm that the service was very good and the group of young men that served us were happy and energetic, so that's why I rate this restaurant a 1 star.

Until next time, or not !