“Along the tour route.”
Review of Hanselewirt

Hanselewirt
Ranked #19 of 39 Restaurants in Schwangau
Reviewed February 14, 2017

Many motor coach tours seemed to make this stop, including ours. The scenic views are spectacular as the buses navigate the turns through the mountainous terrain to Hanselewirt. So, this was an authentic Bavarian lunch stop for our group. The food was good and there were a few items to choose from. I'm not sure if the restaurant is open all year, as there was conversation about it being only specific days and times of the year, but I can't be sure. Service was relatively quick and easy. Nothing to write home about, but it was a pleasant place with an authentic feel as well as local food prepared as expected in an old-school way.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed October 25, 2016

We stoppped here after being turned away very rudely from another restaurant. I'm so glad we ended up here. The food was great and they had a huge selection. The waitress was sweet and very attentive! The chocolate soufflé is to die for! Yum!!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed May 3, 2016

We were there late at night almost at closing time, didn't want to eat too much before went to bed so we shared with one order. Even just one order was too much for both of us but it was so delicious we finished it all. The restaurant serve big proportion and the price very reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed November 5, 2015

The food here is excellent, generous proportions and delicious. I had the crumbed chicken one night and the pepper steak the next which was cooked to absolute perfection. I asked if I could change the chips to vegetables and there was no fuss or problem. The chocolate soufflé was one of the best I've ever had. I can't recommend this place highly enough for food. Prices are very reasonable. There is a very good value buffet breakfast as well. The restaurant closes very early, we couldn't get dessert at 8.15pm one night but it does open at 5.30pm.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed October 28, 2015 via mobile

Staff was nice and a good atmosphere in the restaurant . Big plates of food . My wife's fish was over cooked and my stroganoff was too salty . But overall the experience of the overall dinner was pleasant

Date of visit: October 2015