“Great view to the castle”

Schlossbrauhaus Schwangau
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Schwangau
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Schlossbrauhaus is situated close to the castle Neuschwanstein in Schwangau. The atmosphere of the restaurant is a mix between classic bavarian and modern design. The kitchen is typical regional and suits very good to the home made beers. An ideal place for families with children as an indoor playing ground, an micro bowling area, a miniature golf and an outdoor playground are available. The Schlossbrauhaus also has a nightlife. The 1516 bar lounge is a very good alternative for cocktails, dance and late evenings. Come an visit the new Schlossbrauhaus in Schwangau.
Reviewed August 29, 2017

The best thing about the restaurant is the outside terrace overlooking the castles. Food and waiters are not special.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Awesome restaurant with fine cuisine. I also tried Schnaps which turned out to be Russian vodka. I liked everything but especially the scenery from the terrace - you can see Neuschwanstein castle.

1  Thank Daria G
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner stopped here for lunch when we arrived in Schwangau as part of our Bavarian holiday. Service was quick and friendly. My partner had the roast pork and dumplings which was very tasty. I had the beef goulash with pasta and it was delicious . The salad buffet was an excellent extra too. Enjoyed so much that we are going back again for dinner tonight!

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

We probably should have known better, given that the table we'd reserved hadn't been cleared properly when we were seated. This is a big barn of a place, geared more to mass market catering than anyone who actually goes to restaurants for good food. We waited an age before someone took our order and while we were in the middle of ordering, the waitress walked over to settle the bill at an adjacent table. So before we had even completed our order, our soups arrived! Both the pancake soup and the goulash soup were wildly over salted. The mains, from the 'snack' menu, were enormous portions but not quality food, just stuff to fill you up. I left half of my bratwurst and sauerkraut, because I'm worth more than this. I know it's the middle of August and there are hundreds of visitors coming to see the nearby Ludwig's palaces, but does tourist catering need to be this cynical? At least it only cost us €30...

Reviewed August 13, 2017

We went here on our first evening in Schwangau. It's a big place and while we were there we saw wedding receptions and an ice hockey convention. We were outside on a warm evening and it was very pleasant - food is typically hearty Bavarian cuisine which if you like you won't be disappointed. Service very friendly - they were very willing to substitute e.g. Bratkartoffel for Spätzle.