All reviews high ceilings old world charm front desk breakfast and dinner main building robes parts gps choices guests german spa parking town
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

When I drove in late from Wolfsburg, my GPS
landed me in a pedestrian only walkway!
It was 10:30 PM, and the front desk was so kind to give me a different address on Schloß.

My arrival was greeted by a very sweet set of German ladies! One spoke English quite well which was delightful since I know four words!

My rooms were ready and we were off for a good night’s rest! Breakfast each morning was nothing short of heavenly. It is included in the price of your room, and each member of our family loved the choices!

The location is wonderful, and the pool was ideal for us to swim each afternoon before
dinner! We may have been the youngest
family, but we were greeted with kind, distinguished guests who obviously knew the ropes!

We will return and soon I hope!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Unfortunately our first experience was being sent to the wrong room in a villa far from the centre.After this was rectified, our proper room was very well appointed and comfortable. We've visited Bad Kissingen before (during the Rakosky Fest) and so were not fazed by the old-fashioned traditional spa-like ambience in the Hotel, but to the uninitiated you could feel slightly out-of-place.
The Buffet Dinner was very good and is served in huge rooms with equally high ceilings.
The Pool-zone was nice and although all modernity seems an anathema, the slightly lost feeling you have in navigating the hotel adds to its' charm

Room Tip: rooms above the reception desk
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights on our way down to italy. We enjoyed the nice pool. spa area and breakfast.

Our welcome was not good - we were met with no smiles or welcome from the slow staff, and when we finally got our key, there were only one double bed in our room - and we were 2 adults and 3 kids.

Some of the cleaning staff helped us - they were friendly and tried to solve it for us, and they walked with us to the reception and tried to explain the situation with no extra bed.

The reception told us that we got what we paid for and could get no more service/beds from the hotel. We had paid for 5 persons, and When we complained and asked to see the manager, all of the sudden a solution was found from the front desk. I hate it when u have to raise your voice, even when the cleaning people where standing next to us and saying that there was an error with beds in the room, - and despite this - still the unfriendly staff at the front desk decided to ignore our problem..:(

Other from that, the hotel itself is OK.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2017

We stayed here while at the Kissingen Sommer festival, for which it was extremely convenient. We got a great upgrade for nothing, which included a balcony overlooking the river promenade. Good range of choice for breakfast though be early if you want to sit in the conservatory. If like us you don't like buffet dinners, the tiny a la carte restaurant takes a bit of finding but is OK. Staff were helpful with a couple of problems. Strongly recommended if you want to sample the very typical experience, for people of a certain age, of a relaxing few days in a German spa town.

Room Tip: Rooms with Verandah overlooking promenade are best but you'd normally pay more.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2017

We spent two nights at this property last wekend and had a mixed feeling about our stay. The Hotel is very well located and the lobby and various public areas are well maintained and charming. The breakfast and dinner rooms exude old world charm. However, though some of the staff are very helpful and friendly, this is not the case with some who we dealt with. The person seating us at dinner was very unfriendly and insisted that we sit in the most crowded and unpleasant location in the dinning room even though we had booked a deluxe room and there were several other tables available. She told us that this was how it was going to be and that this would be our table evry night! Also the breakfast was a good avaergae quality but the dinner was very mediocre and not what I would expect from a hotel claiming to be one of the best in the town. At check out I was over charged for my stay and had to point this out. At first it was looked at as my mistake till I showed the evidence to back my claim and the bill was then corrected.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room. They are very well rennovated and modern compared to the standard ones.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple