“Very nice! The staff - a very cool guy :)”

Freddy's Kartoffelstubb
Ranked #14 of 89 Restaurants in Neu-Isenburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2016

The menu made mostly of potato dishes but everything very delicious! They have even our favorite beer Krušovice
what you not find in every restaurant or bar :)

Reviewed June 4, 2015

Going on the advice/reviews of others on trip advisor, my wife and I visited this lovely restaurant on our first night in Neu-Isenburg. It was quiet as many German's celebrate Corpus Christi today (June 04) with only two other couples dining. The manager was friendly and welcoming, speaking to us in German which was great as it gave us the opportunity to try our hand at the language. Through our broken German and his broken English we ordered schnitzels. Have to say they were the best schnitzels we have ever eaten. I had the Amazonia with pepper sauce and the better half had the "Laura" which had a creamy sauce. My serving was huge but I couldn't stop eating until the schnitzel was gone. Same goes for the Mrs who had a child portion. Knocked back a couple of beers and glasses of nice White wine. All up was almost 32 Euros. Great value in our opinion. Chicken schnitzel cooked to perfection. Delish!

Reviewed November 25, 2014

Prepare for a step back in time as this is a quaint and original Stubbe.
The staff, particularly the boss, are characters.
It's very old fashioned, in keeping with its name, but it's exactly as you would expect - potatoes, potatoes,potatoes in every shape and form and with numerous both expected and surprising accompaniments and huuuuuge portions of meat and sauces. Vegetarians and designated drivers catered for.
The also do the traditional Hessisch Apple Wine and of course Schnitzel with the local delicacy, the Green Sauce. There is even a Potato Schnapps to try. Several very good local beers to round it off.
It's not fine dining, it's not haute cuisine, it's good, honest, wholesome, German soul food, just like Oma used to make.
You'll enjoy it, I'm sure, but arrive hungry.

1  Thank Kev34
Reviewed September 26, 2014

As the name says, its all about and around potatoes. Rustic environment and nice tasting but fatty food with indifferent service. Will surely go again for what I missed out the last time.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had the schnitzel special of the day and was simply sad when my plate was wiped clean! I ordered a sparkling water and the schnitzel of the day which came with a good sized salad to start and the whole bill came to 15,60EU...not bad at all!!

Ambience is also very quaint with around 10 tables in the front of the restaurant and more in a back room. I think they allow smoking in the back room as I got an occasional whiff when the door was opened (the only down fall to this place). Full bar service available as well.

If you want pure and excellent German food then this is the place