See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 11, 2017

Back to this Hotel after 4 years, I must say I was little disapointed that the Sauna was over due to a fire , because since first time was one of the best thing of the place.
The room are quite big and good , but there is no mini bar, the web site advertising mention about their relax area that is actually over , the breakfast beside good food is ot so varius .
There is no Restaurant beside there is a good Italian one 500 metres away
Wifi poor but free....

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Oliver R, Geschäftsführer at Caravelle Hotel im Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

Many thanks for your friendly feedback. We are renovating the sauna and the restaurant. I am pleased to present you our new renovated areas. We do not have a mini-bar in our rooms, but you get 24 hours drinks and snacks at the reception. Your Caravelle Hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2016

The good:

-Bed and room were fairly modern and comfortable although tacky in terms of decoration like an 80's throwback.

-Staff were friendly

-Breakfast was good

-Very central location next to the riverside and forest.

The bad:

-The absence of Wi-Fi and internet is a huge setback, they claim it is recent but judging by reviews they have not had it for a prolonged period now. For a business trip this was very inconvenient.

-Walls are quite thin and diners in cafe downstairs can be heard drinking and talking at night until it closes near midnight keeping the guests closer to ground floor awake.

-Not enough parking for guests, had to use pay meter on adjacent road which was inconvenient for leaving hire car while on business.

-The absence of nice touches, water in the room etc - don't need to be expensive items but those extra touches make the difference between an average 3 star hotel and an exceptional one.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Quite expesnive for what it is. Breakfast was very good, but rooms very average. Clean, but old and no water, tea, coffee, fridge, minibar, local guide etc.
The biggest disappointment was the internet not working the whole time. With six people staying in three rooms (including a 5-year-old) our roaming data charges were ridiculous. When we pointed out that Wifi was advertised and that we had two people who needed to work, they agreed to discuss with the manager and see what can be done. The result was a EUR 20 rebate on an EUR 800 bill. Laughable, borderline insult. They should understand that internet is a basic necessity for travellers these days.

Room Tip: Ask for river view room, otherwise you risk having the view of a roof and tree
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2016 via mobile

Only thing that I enjoyed was the breakfast. Room was dirty and smelly, I had rodents pay me a visit throughout the night (left me a few gifts on the floor), restaurant was closed most of the time, and no room service if kitchen too busy. Also, when I had my laundry done, it came back smelling sour and it cost me 55€ for a few articles. Will not stay again!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was having a nightmare. Snow closed Frankfurt airport and I had the drive 50km to Bad Kreuznach in the snow to get a room. This hotel is OK for a short stay for business but it is very dated and tired. Mind you, I was so tired I din't really care. The food was actually much better than the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. The corridors have steel doors and the lift is 1970's. The duvet was so thin I thought it was a towel. The bathroom also very dated. It was OK but a long way from good. It needs updating for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business