“Overrated”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: innovative Italian
Reviewed January 15, 2015

The restaurant is difficult to find,so ask for exact directions.
Friendly staff.Pizza base is prefab (or improperly cooked) : soggy.
When ordering a pizza you get it within a minute or two/ three.That puzzles.
However,the taste of topping of the Concordia pizza was good.
Spaghetti ( homemade,they claim; I have my doubts) comes in large portions,as do the salads.The prices are modest.I like that they sell also German ( and not only Italian) wines by the glass.
Bring cash: the card machine is broken,they will tell you,but ,as said,it's rather inexpensive.

1  Thank Remco D

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This Italian restaurant in Bad Neuenahr is somewhat disappointing. The menu looks attractve and the interior is well decorated. However, in the kitchen time has stood still. Old fashioned presentation. Pizza looked more like the supermarket ones we make ourselves at home, and are defenitely not original wood over Italian. The Lambruso is so sweet only my dentist loves it.

1  Thank 900rb
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was here for dinner with my boyfriend and had a lovely time. Location is just off one the paths that runs along the river.The food was very good and not too expensive and the service was excellent. The young lady who was serving us was so friendly and made us feel very welcome. Didn't have to top our wine glasses up once during the whole evening so were looked after very well.
Thank you all for a very nice evening :o)

Reviewed April 26, 2014

An 'innovative' Italian restaurant along the Ahr. Very warm welcome and service. The restaurant has two faces with (1) a daily menu with delicious fish and meat options and (2) a list of extraordinary pizzas. My wife had a pizza bianco con Taleggio and grapes/walnuts: very special. I took the lamb: wonderfully done. The wines are from the region or from Sicily (where the family comes from) or Italy at large. A very good option if you are staying in this region a while longer.

1  Thank Schreuder
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Most of time when I'm on travel I now always checking TA for the nearest Restaurant. Again, absolutely not disappointed at all ... I decided in less than 2 minutes that it would be the N° 1 of Bad Neuenarh. I'm on travel from Belgium to my office in Germany and make by habit a short stop in that nice city (which I never visited deep in fact .. simply an overnight stop). But now, by visiting Restaurant Concordia I can confirm all the positive experiences from the other ones here bellow. The food was really from a high standing level. I took a cold Aubergines salade followed by Tagiatels at Pesto. A real delice .. or bellicimo as they say in Italian. On top of it, the service is done by a nice looking kind waiteress.
Only thing you need to remember when you visit that place, take cash because (my mistake) they don't accept credit cards which caused me here some troubles today. But the Chef was absolutely kind and I could pay Him straight on his bank account. Really a place which I for sure will visit again next time I'm passing in Bad Neuenahr