We spent 3 days here from 31 December 2011 to 3 January 2012. Our views about the hotel are somewhat mixed. On the positive side:
- very conveniently located, a short, level walk from the station
- friendly and helpful staff
- restaurant menu and food quite good
- self service buffet breakfast also good with selection of cold foods and availability of
scambled eggs and bacon
- excellent standards of cleanliness
On the negatve side:
- dismal, dreary rooms with dark, tired and worn furniture. Not the impression gained from the
- no proper lounge area for relaxing and reading, just a small settee ,chair and table in the
- uncomfortable seating in bar area
- partial closure of the hotel on 2 January -Christmas decorations taken down,restaurant
closed for evening dinner, bar closed so no means of getting a cup of tea on return from
a day out and no mention of this at the time of booking.
Overall we were very disappointed. Given the Ambassador is ranked 1st out of 12 hotels
in Brig on your site we are wondering if we went to the same hotel and what standards and facilities are like in other 3 star hotels.We also note that the reviews posted at the beginning of this section are generally very positive and we would suggest that a more balanced approach is taken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrive and immediately feel at home. The rooms are individually designed, Spacious and Bright. Exclusive boxspringbeds provide you with restful sleep. The hotel Ambassador has a quiet central location 200 metres away from the train station in Brigue with free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, HRS, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Ambassador Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel Brig