All reviews lake view lovely hotel fresh fruit dining room business trip last week amazing views train station evening meal breakfast was excellent mini golf wellness area queen victoria winston churchill hotel is located around the corner helpful staff
Reviewed April 19, 2018

If you want to stand on your balcony in the morning and just overlook the beauty of the rising sun reflected from the tips of the mountains thats the place to do it. I travel a lot of different places in Switzerland...the beauty of this area is stunning.
The room can be a little to small, the staff is very supportive and friendly! The conference rooms are bright and spacious.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2018

The room had a magnificent view over the water and the Alps. Breakfast of the highest standard. The only negative thing was that we had intended going for a drink in the bar after dinner but it was thick with smoke. So we sat in the function room beside the bar. Unfortunately, we still were very aware of the smoke there too. Very very surprised that such a fantastic hotel allows smoking indoors, feels so 90's!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank carmel337
Reviewed February 7, 2018

What a perfect evening. The Waldstätterhof organised two evenings with the Singer Mrs. Milster, best known for her activities on the musical stage. It was a total success, with the entertainment well organised, and produced perfectly. At the same time the Hotel was responsible for the Food & Beverages. A four course dinner that went from strength to strength, a young waitress still learning, but very good professionally, and at the same time utterly charming. The wines were well chosen for the drinks package and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Look for a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
SHWSKoschel, Manager at Seehotel Waldstaetterhof Brunnen, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Dear Guest,

The Team Seehotel Waldstätterhof

Reviewed November 7, 2017

I'm sorry to write this because the hotel has a good location with nice view.
But the rooms have a very bad isolated door. You hear people talking (understanding their conversation) and when they put the key into the lock for opening their door.
And I suggest you to put a second door (you have the space to do it on the outside, on the big frame). The windows offer a good isolation, no noice.
The mattresses (we had 3 different rooms during our stay) are very hard, and the pillow are too thin.
During the first night we had some loud noice from the water pipe. So we changed room at 01,00! But the second room we had was booked for the second night so we had to change (ok that can happen) Next day the girl at the reception couldn't understand I was a little bit dissapointed about these problems. By the way she was doing something else while I talked to her, and then she said: we have no rooms free. I said: there are many on internet! She said no again. And then I asked to speak with the manager who fixed everything very nicely, but the girl told him she never told me it was full....
Arriving at the breakfast 10,20 (it's open 7-11) we couldn't choose the table because they wanted to prepare for the lunch! He preferred us to sit against one wall instead of a free, see wive table. I said no way.
I'm very surprised about these 2 persons. I don't think they understand that they work in a 4* hotel and the guest pays very expensive for the confort. So if I write this, it's to help them and the hotel to get better.

Room Tip: Sea view is calm but you hear everything through the door.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank zeus895
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Smallish room but with quaint little wrought iron balcony just big enough with two chairs and a little table to enjoy the superb view and weather, over a coffee/glass of wine. Don’t get a room not facing the lake as you’ll be missing having your breath being taken away. The room was clean and in good order as was the bathroom, with every convenience we could possibly need. The charming, friendly, informed and smiling service followed us from reception to bar to restaurant to our inquiries, to the spa and wellness. The massage and my wife’s manicure and pedicure were again just excellent. The wellness area is a bit compact but modern, spotlessly clean and to the point in its choice of sauna, relaxation and pools. The large dining room at the front is the one to eat in, dating back to the late 19th century, huge elegant windows, candelabra, effective decor, high ceiling and tables on a raised gallery all with that stunning view, and that service with creative well presented food - and so nicely lit at night...this is really rather fine dining. Yes, we will be back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple