All reviewscroissantshot milkcentral locationsmall hotelminute walkswitzerlandlake
Reviewed October 24, 2008

This hotel is as central as you can possibly get - 5 mins from train station, about a minute from the lake and 10 - 15 minutes from the funicular railway.

Lovely clean rooms which have recently been re-furbished, tv with channels in 5 languages, really pleasant and friendly staff and delicious food which is very reasonably priced. A few people have mentioned the noise at night - there are a few bars about but on my part, I didn't have any problems with the noise.

Vevey is beautiful with loads of stuff to do. I was only there 3 days and did quite a lot (the food museum, the Vevey Museum, the bus to Montreux, funicular railway, the 'flowery walk' etc) but there was loads more I wanted to do but didn't have time.

I will be going back next year and I will be definitely staying at Negociants!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank RhonaH
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Nice hotel. Very conveniently located, great neighborhood. Room fairly comfortable, could have used a comfy chair. Good choice of international TV. Rates reasonable. Others complaints of noise from nearby bars is completely legitimate, if you are a light sleeper, look elsewhere.

What sets this place apart is the staff. Most speak at least some English, and all are genuinely friendly and accommodating.

These guys really go out of their way to help. My rental car was towed, as I had accidentally parked illegally. The owner of the hotel volunteered to accompany me to the police station, translate on my behalf, and help get my car out of hock! This, to me, is exceptional service. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j0e
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Our stay in Vevey was quite nice due to this quiet hotel. We had plenty of room and everything was very clean. The breakfast included coffee & juice and three types of bread with an assortment of spreads. It suited us fine but might not be enough for people with a larger appetite. Luckily there is a delicious bakery next door! The breakfast staff were particularly friendly and this was a cheery way to start our days.

The location is ok. For some reason it seemed like a far walk to the train station but it wasn't really that far. It was also a 5-10 minute walk to the ferry docks but we didn't end up taking them so this convenience was lost on us. Also, Vevey is a small town without a lot of action. There are some nice restaurants and a few bars nearby, but there isn't a lot to do in the town--at least not at this time of year.

Overall, the hotel was pleasant and clean and the people were friendly. If you'll be staying in Vevey, this is a nice place to spend a few nights.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank youngtravelerJJLL
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Hotel was great for a 2-star and the rate was good considering how pricey the area is. Location is brilliant - 5 minutes walk from train station, 2 minutes walk from the waterfront. We LOVED Vevey; the lovely old town feel definitely made the pick of the towns we went to on Lake Geneva. Was a bonus that their annual Street Theatre Festival was on at the time of the visit - acrobats & clowns roaming the street gave it a nice buzz. The train system was wonderful for exploring the area. We did mountain biking one day and canyoning another.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank strawbear_koala
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Enjoyed our 5 night stay in August, 08. We had requested a quiet room (booked in March 08) but our allocated room was above the main street which got quite noisy at night!
Apart from that, it was an excellent location and we happily ate in the hotel restaurant on several evenings.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple