Review Highlights

Scenic ride

Reviewed October 9, 2018
JamieB312
Hawley, Pennsylvania

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 week ago

With lots of negative news stories, and rightfully so, about how some horses are treated by being abused for tourists to experience a horse and carriage I really wanted to make sure that this was not the case. I actually saw the horses before I booked and spoke to staff at our hotel also the fact we only had between the hours of 11 to 3 to choose a time due to the weather also shows me that the horses were a priority. It is expensive but when you factor that the before and after preparation of the horses plus coming to your hotel is quite substantial. If you’re unsure just have a look at my pictures, it was one of my best experiences in St Moritz

Reviewed October 9, 2018

We had a carriage ride in the Roseg Valley as part of our tour. Nice ride and we stopped for pictures. It also looked like a great area to walk around and explore off the path.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Not many places in Europe that one can have this kind of experience for a reasonable price too.
Magnificent horses pulling large, comfortable carts through the beautiful Roseg valley to the Hotel for Lunch or to stay.
Magical! Wish I had been with my wife!

Reviewed August 15, 2015

My daughter loves animals so taking a 3 horse drawn cart was a great way to spend the best part of a day, a short bus ride away from St Moritz. The journey by horse drawn cart up to the Rosberg Glacier Hotel is about an hour with beautiful views of the mountains, pine forests and wild river fed by fresh glacier melt. We spotted a few deer and a marmot. We spent 90 mins at the hotel for lunch with views of the glacier. On the way back we sat up front with the driver, which pleased my daughter even more. Overall I had initially thought it a little expensive but ultimately it was definitely worth it. Note cash only.

Reviewed May 25, 2015

The beauty of the Swiss Alps is almost too much to take in. It's often hard to decide where to look, as gorgeous views abound. A one-hour plus ride on a horse-drawn carriage gives you a chance to really see the countryside. Dress warmly, as it is chilly, especially at the start of the trip in the valley. The mountain views are amazing, and a glacier-fed stream tumbles over rocks alongside the road. There is a restaurant at the base of the glacier where you can purchase food, drinks and desserts. Blankets are provided on the ride, but it is still nice to be able to go inside the restaurant and warm up. Once warmed up, be sure to walk to the glacier. It Is sobering to see how far the glacier has retreated.

Reviewed February 7, 2015

My wife and I took a moonlit sleigh ride to the Roseg Valley on 03/02/15. The trip included a 2 hour stop at a restaurant at the head of the valley. The restaurant is worth the trip alone - beautiful food served by efficient and very pleasant staff in a dining room featuring hunting trophies in abundance. It was also good to have the opportunity to get warm in front of a log fire as the temperature outside had plummeted to minus fifteen.

Gina's Riding School is associated to the business and it was a great opportunity to take a 2 hour hack out in the snowy forests the following day. Gina is a warm and welcoming host with a good variety of horses available for a whole range of riding abilities. Gina is keen for people to get hands on and you may be expected to choose your horse, lead them out of the paddock, feed them, groom them and tack up. A lot of English yards could learn something from this ethos. We rode down to Celerina, on to Lake Staz and back to Pontresina, taking plenty of opportunities for a good canter.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank CraigBJDB
Reviewed October 10, 2014

A horse drawn carriage ride to the Roseg Valley was one of the optional excursion offered by Globus tour (Best of Switzerland). It was highly recommended by others who had toured with Globus. We were not disappointed.

Each horse drawn carriage can accomondate 9-10 people not including the coach. Blankets were offered because it could get cold in the valley.

One way took about an hour. We traveled through Alpine forest and arrived at the valley where we had a nice view of the glacier and the snow capped mountain at a distance. There was a restaurant which offered drinks and snacks. I would avoid the chocolate because it made from prepackage stuff and cost CHF5.

It was a very nice experience, highly recommended!!

2  Thank DavidNYC11