All reviewsfunicular railwaysnow shoesbernina expresshigh pointtoboggan runvery special placest moritzamazing restauranthigh altitudemountain toprooms are modernheavy luggageengadin valleyincredible viewsmemorable stayclean hotelspecial thanks
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Arrived here by train. Punt Maragl is a request stop station (press the green button in the carriage) near to the funicular which takes you right up inside the hotel. There is no other access. Snowing the first night but otherwise clear and sunny. Double room with balcony giving fantastic views of the snowy mountain tops and St Moritz below in the valley. Good size room and well equipped bathroom up to a 5* standard. Breakfast and evening meals were truly fantastic. There is an adjacent cafe for daytime snacks and drinks open to walkers.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the manager, Anne-pierre Ackerman, reorganised our onward train travel by phoning a friend to get the Bernina Express to stop at the nearest station just for us.

Room Tip: A balcony is a must
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maldoc
silviabieri, Manager at Romantik Hotel Muottas Muragl, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear Maldoc,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon at Muottas Muragl.

Reviewed June 21, 2017

This is indeed a very special place which I just visited for the 3rd time. The views from the top are wonderful, particularly the alignment of five different lakes. It is unexpected to find a hotel offering such good comfort and service at almost 3'000 meters altitude.
Rooms are modern, well-equipped and charming through the use of pine wood. Food diversity and quality is great. I really liked breakfast. If you go as far up for the scenery, I suggest you spend at least one night and do one of the many hikes on offer from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace facing the valley.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
host_muottasmuragl, Manager at Romantik Hotel Muottas Muragl, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Muottas Muragl and hope to see you again very soon on the mountain.

Reviewed March 21, 2017

This hotel accessed by a funicular rail way was a haven of peace and tranquility on our early evening arrival. The snow was white, thick and crunchy. Our view over the Engadin valley from our front facing bedroom was stunning. At a height of 2545 metres it was like staying on the top of the world. With only 16 bedrooms the service was warm friendly and intimate. We saw dusk and the sun go down casting a pink glow on the snow capped peaks. We got up early to see the sun come up and hired snow shoes to walk up the snow trails of the philophers route and higher. Although by then the funicular railway brought up day trippers by the hundreds it was still silent , still and breathtaking and away from it all in London. The food was excellent. The toboggan run however is not for the faint hearted and should not be attempted unless expert. it is fast and furious. And steep. I broke my right ankle on my second day colliding with an Unpadded tree. A few warnings notices about it would be good. They are absent. In spite of the hassle getting home via Zurich this did not even spoil my stay. I had a second night in StMoritz where I could only hop and wished I had stayed here for both nights. A room with a
view. The staff were very helpful and transported my sheepskin coat to my second hotel which my partner left behind while carrying me to a taxi from the funicular railway where the lovely rescue man took me after getting me off the toboggan run. A treat.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niamh256
Management response:Responded March 23, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel!
First of all we would like to communicate, that we hope you to get well soon.
We wish you all the best, a good health condition and we would be very pleased, to welcome you once again on our mountain Muottas Muragl in the beautiful Engadin valley.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

Booked the room with Balcony, the view is marvelous. although its quite cold to stay outdoor and enjoy the view, we can still enjoy it from inside the room through the big glass door. Reception is friendly and super helpful, giving us tips about surrounding and giving us late check out till 12, so we can enjoy the room longer. we didnt stay in the room though as we decided to roam around the mountain. its quite a steep hike and a bit difficult without snow shoes and poles, but we made it and the view is magnificent. They have playground, chair for sun bathing, complete with blanket, to enjoy the view of mountain. Many of the visitors do sledding down from the top station. The only downside is the cogwheel train is super full with all people on day trip with their sleds. the train station is not far away from cogwheel train but its quite a walk with luggage.
We had dinner which is great, expensive as expected in Swiss, and had a nice lunch with great view, even its quite chilly. Breakfast is so so, standard swiss.
Room is clean, spacious, and nicely decorated with wood.
the wifi is super strong, a good plus point, bcos many of the mountain hotel has lauzy wifi.
Among all our trips in Switzerland, this is the most memorable stay for us.

Room Tip: room with Balcony
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yulie22
host_muottasmuragl, Manager at Romantik Hotel Muottas Muragl, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

your Romantik Hotel Muottas Muragl

Reviewed March 15, 2017

The hotel was amazing. The location is unimaginable, staff , rooms , foods were PERFECT. I can say in one word : this hotel is MAGNIFIQUE.Thank you :)
Otel tek kelimeyle muhteşem. Dağın tepesinde kurulmuş ayrı bir dünya.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family