“Fantastic Fondue”

Baracca Zermatt
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Kloten
Price range: US$21 - US$84
Reviewed October 13, 2017

First, the hotel is set back about 100 feet from the road that comes up on the map. It is also visually blocked by a hedge of bushes so it might take a little bit of looking for if you go at night like I did. Follow your nose if you can’t find it because you’ll smell the fondue before you see the restaurant. The building looks like an old swiss chalet made entirely of wood. There is a big fireplace in the middle of the restaurant. It was quite comfortable and cozy feeling. Lots of rustic ambiance. The staff is pleasant and was attentive but a little slow. I can’t slight them too much though as it appeared that there was a tour bus load of people eating there and it was quite busy and loud. Although it took a little while for them to take my order, the food came within 5 minutes which was a pleasant surprise. I ordered their Fondue de Luxe. It was absolutely fabulous! Rather than just being served with the traditional bread, it also came with half a dozen small potatoes that you would normally get with Raclette. It was a nice addition. I could have eaten two servings it was so good. I followed the fondue with the chocolate cake with fresh berries and sour cream ice cream. The cake was good. It was pretty moist and tasty. The fresh berries added a lot of good moisture and was good complement to the cake. However, the sour cream ice cream was incredibly flavorful. I would have ordered another bowl if I had any room. It was a great place. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We were here with a group of colleagues from across Europe. We had the Raclette a discretion, i.e. all you can eat cheese :-)
We were served two kinds of cheese from the Wallis, one of them my favourite Val de Bagnes. Service was quick and friendly, the Fendant wine authentic and the chalet surroundings with log fire cosy!
Definitely recommend if you find yourself at Zurich airport looking for a good meal not too far away!

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Great staff, nice decor and an enjoyable meal. Not sure what it is with Europe and not de-boning fish fillets though.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Nice and cozy place. It has to arrive early because it gets very crowded.
Good food and great service. A bit expensive. The account comes in a small box with chocolates and some postcards with beautiful landscapes of Switzerland to be filled with a message and that will be posted by them wherever we want.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

Looking for an outdoor setting with fondue and this was perfect. Our waitress was kind enough to bring us English menus and help us with our choices. Enjoyed the fondue, the lite and fit salad, a burger and salmon tartar, for our group, all excellent. It is expensive to eat out anywhere in Switzerland, I feel, but the atmosphere, service and food made it worthwhile.