All reviews informed reception dining facilities boat trip around the lake cable car free wifi ferry stop boat station lake view rooms are spacious steam room stayed longer funky balcony corridor checkin lakefront
Reviewed June 21, 2018

This hotel should have everything going for it, beautiful location and stunning views.
However it is let down by its lack of customer care. On arrival we booked in and the reception confirmed that they had a my wife recorded as needing a gluten free diet. She pointed out where breakfast was served and directed us to our room. The place was like a morgue and we didn't see anyone else that afternoon or night but we realised later they are set up for massive coach groups and care little about customer service.
The bedroom was spacious and comfortable with coffee and tea making facilities. Unfortunately housekeeping hadn't left any coffee, milk or sugar. A quick trip to reception and we were provided with enough for a couple of cups each.
We then found the toilet seat was broken. This we left until morning, when we reported it.
At breakfast my wife was told they didn't have any GF bread etc and we should have let them know before we came but we would sort out for the next morning.
That night the toilet was still broken which made us wonder at the efficiency of housekeeping as it was so obviously broken and why our own reporting of it hadn't been acted upon.
Again there was no coffee, milk etc but the waste from our morning coffee had been left on the table. So we reported the lack to reception and more was provided.
At breakfast the reception was crowded with a large coach party trying to check out but the reception was unmanned.
Having negotiated the mass of people we found the breakfast room was empty of any food. Eventually we found a member of staff outside who directed us to the Thai restaurant where the breakfast had been set up. We had to set our own table and then wait while the buffet was replenished and tables were cleared.
Once again we were told there was no GF breakfast.
On returning to our room in the afternoon the toilet seat was still broken and the pile of morning coffee waste was still present and no new coffee etc left.
My wife went down to reception and asked why the hotel was failing to provide a good standard of service. The receptionist (who thank god seemed to be a little more experienced) confirmed that the booking clearly stated Gluten free and organised the maintenance to come to the room to mend the seat. He also provided several days of coffee,milk etc.
Unfortunately the maintenance couldn't mend the seat that night for lack of the right tools but did fix it the next day.
The house keeping still left the Debris each day from our coffee making even though the pile kept growing.
The next morning Gluten free bread finally arrived.
On check out we were presented with our bill which we after us pointing out the lack of GF breakfast on the first 2 days was duly reduced.
An hour later on the motorway we had a phone call while driving on the motorway demanding we return to the hotel because more restaurant receipts had turned up.
We refused to return and said we would talk when we had reached our destination. After several more phone calls and emails we agreed to pay when we got back to England.
This we did only to find when we checked the credit card account they had taken too much money.
Now they will not respond to any emails.
My advice is stay somewhere else more efficiently run!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Has its own private indoor garage at the back of the hotel for CHF 15 per day.
The hotel is impressive on entry with an imposing staircase entrance, a lift is located on the right on entry.
Reception was very helpful but room wasn’t ready so we left our luggage and took a boat trip for a couple of hours. On our return our room was on the top/ third floor overlooking the lake with a very nice private balcony. It was well air conditioned and very nicely set out with a large bathroom with bath.
One bedside light was dangerous, showing its wires and we had to cover it with a towel so as to not touch it by accident during the night. We informed reception.
Breakfast was very good with freshly cooked eggs various ways by the chef. Great fresh coffee and cereals, cold meats and smoked salmon, bacon and breads available.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Nice Facilities If Better Managed. Hotel also needs some upkeep.Reservation made months in advance was not honored due to Hotel''s overbooking. When finally was able to check in 2 days later -- after being sent to completely inferior hotel -- stay was okay...but facilities could be better mainained.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation to this hotel 7 months ago. I arrived and they told me they didn’t have my 2 rooms. He told me he called me twice that day but I didn’t respond. I asked what number he called and looked at the reservation and didn’t have a phone number- LIE #1. He told me they placed me at an equivalent property down the road and would give me the same price. The hotel down the road was terrible and didn’t even have A/C. -LIE #2. Then I asked how much they charged at this hotel per night and was much cheaper. So not only did Post Hotel Weggis screw me by not having a room and lie about everything, they tried to keep the extra money by having me pay more for an inferior hotel. Shame on this hotel and you should avoid staying at this place!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank HTAUSSIE
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

nice style in the hotel. good restaurant. but we had to stay in another hotel in weggis. the receptionist said we had do go to gabriella hotel because of the renovation. He gave us an discount of 20% for this one night. But this is a 4 star hotel and other people also had to move. why they dind said this one 1 day befor we arrived?

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple