US$288
US$169
US$159
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

Hotel Roessli(Stansstad)
US$154
Seehotel Pilatus(Hergiswil)
US$228
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

Burgenstock Hotel(Burgenstock)
US$127
US$123
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe buslake lucernebeautiful locationfree parkinga lake view roomminute drivegreat choicesmall balconycoffee makerwithin minutesresidential areaferry stopa great staymini fridgebuffet breakfasthotel is locateddirect access
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are not large, sufficient, no real sitting area in the winter months but in better weather the small deck would be nice. Views are wonderful! Clean, bed very comfortable and supportive , pillows duvet all fresh and cozy.
I would eat somewhere else. We did not do breakfast but the dinner was overpriced and not so good, I would advice them to redo there menu and get a well qualified chef for sure!
The people who work here are wonderful and accommodating as well as in the restaurant.
We would come again and love when things are in bloom. Winter was beautiful , snow capped alps, and a kayaker was actually on the lake!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelKastanienbaum, Manager at Seehotel Kastanienbaum, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Dear Jennifer, thank you very much for leaving us your positive review. Your feedback regarding the restaurant menu will be taken up as point for improvement, nevertheless we receive a lot of good feedback regarding the quality of our local food served. We would be pleased to welcome you again soon as our guest and spoil you with a good infrastructure and a very personal service.
Kind regards, your team of Seehotel Kastanienbaum

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Booked a room at the Seehotel for one night for a stopover. Upon check-in I got a free upgrade to a 'lake view' room. A nice gesture, though the winter fog sitting heavy on the scenery prevented me from fully enjoying it. Not the hotel's fault, of course.

The hotel is located a bit off the shot, right on the shore of Lake Lucerne in a quiet neighborhood. If you plan to go to Lucerne for sightseeing or meals, keep in mind that you'll need transportation. Free parking is available, a feature not often seen Switzerland.

I skipped breakfast, so I cannot rate their food and service. The young lady at the reception was friendly and processing efficient. The room was clean and spacious enough. Pricing is to Swiss standards (i.e. not cheap), though reasonable.

Room Tip: Lake view an asset
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
HotelKastanienbaum, Manager at Seehotel Kastanienbaum, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Dear Alex

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave us your review.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in the quite scenery of our neighbourhood directly at Lake Lucerne. As you already stated, parking is free at our hotel. Another option to reach Lucerne is the direct bus connection from our hotel to Lucerne main station. All of our guests receive a free bus ticket, which they may use during their stay with us to explore the City.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon as our guest.

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

I went often there because of the quality of the service and the good location.
I was espacially impressed by the kind and quick service in the restaurant. And I met the best qualified waitress, Yana, which is doing an internship.
All in all I'm satisfied with this hotel!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
HotelKastanienbaum, Manager at Seehotel Kastanienbaum, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Dear Kevin

Thank you very much for your great feedback! We are pleased to read that our service
team could provide you an enjoyable stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon as our guest.

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

I stayed two nights in the hotel and I already recommended to my friends.I ordered a room with view,so it was amazing when I saw first time the room.Silence,great panorama,fresh air.Every morning I was awake in 6 to see the sunrise and breath fresh cold aer .
No problems with staff,ready to help, polite.
No problems with parking even in crowded season.
Clean, comfortable,no mosquitos as I read in others reviews.
Recommended!
Alice, Israel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelKastanienbaum, Manager at Seehotel Kastanienbaum, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear Alice

Thank you very much for your wonderfull feedback! We are more than happy to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and already recommended our hotel to your friends, which is the greatest compliment. We are looking forward to welcome you again soon as our guests, to enjoy the silence of Lake Lucerne area.

Best regards

Reviewed October 23, 2017

This is a nice hotel with actual door keys to your room. Make sure that you ask for a room with a balcony and facing the lake. You can sit and relax while enjoying the view. The only problem is the mosquitoes that are fairly big, so make sure that you close the door to the balcony. It is far from the city center but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel that runs roughly every 30 mins (check the time schedules) that will take you to the center. Do not forget to get from the hotel your free tourist bus tickets. I suggest that when you come back, take the water boat back to the hotel (cost 14.50 euro) but it gives you a nice Lake cruise with headsets and it stops right in front of the hotel. Buffet breakfast has a good variety food. Employees are warm and receptive to your needs. I would definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: get the lake view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Teresa20002014
HotelKastanienbaum, Manager at Seehotel Kastanienbaum, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Dear Teresa

Thank you very much for your great and detailed feedback. We are very happy to read that you truly enjoyed your stay at our house and especially the location and the very personal service. We are looking forward to welcome you again soon!