“Tried hard but still not great”

Ribs True American Barbecue
Ranked #15 of 45 Restaurants in Armilla
Reviewed May 12, 2017

We visited this restaurant in Feb 2017 for my wifes birthday and the whole experience was that bad (see my previous review) that i complained to the head office. So this visit was at the request of the restaurant and was free as some compensation for the last time. This time we visited for our wedding anniversary hoping we would not suffer the same debacle as last time. I booked a table with the manager,Qui Qui, a couple of weeks in advance as there would be 7 of us and looked forward to meeting him as he had assured us things had improved and he wanted us to see how. We arrived at the booked time but our booking didnt appear to be on the list although we were shown straight to a table by our waiter Fran. He brought us menus immediately and stuff to keep the kids happy. We ordered drinks which actually arrived together so things were looking up compared to the last time. Fran took our order and we waited for the food to arrive. Last time it arrived in dribs and drabs and the last person never got theirs. This time it all arrived together!!! Things certainly seemed to have improved so i asked Fran if the manager was around but he hadnt started his shift yet so i asked Fran to tell him we were here when he started and to come over. We started our meals and thats when the problems started. One of the burgers was totally raw in the middle and one side of a thin butterfly chicken was also raw so both had to be sent back. The other meals were ok but portions are still quite small but at least they were cooked. Fran took both meals back until they were ok but by that time the rest of us had nearly finished.
If the chefs in this type of restaurant cannot cook burgers and chicken properly then i think they are going to have major problems. Our waiter Fran was excellent and looked after us really well but we never did get to meet the manager although he was on duty but never came over to see how we were. To sum up then. Some improvement to the service but food still not what you would expect from this type of restaurant. Cooking burgers, ribs and chicken is not haute cuisine and they need to get it right first time. Would we go back? No we wouldnt. It will be Fosters next time

Reviewed March 27, 2017

This was one of my worst dining experiences ever in Spain (and I have had a lot of them). The service was terrible, the food was not very good and it was S-L-O-W. To top things off, to get barbeque sauce, in a barbeque restaurant, you have to pay 90 cents extra. Paying the bill was evcen a struggle. The restaurant is very understaffed, especially in the kitchen. I love barbeque... I do not love this place. AVOID it.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Authentic looking place, but very short when it comes to flavor. Blend foods. The blue cheese burger dod not have a flavor of blue cheese, and the meat was tastelessvas well. Best part of the plate was the fries. The Cajun Salad showed the place has no knowledge of Cajun cooking. Would have more flavor and spice ie they just dumped some Tabasco sauce on a salad. The tortilla bowl was burnt, so that was unedible as well.
Staff line dance was cool for kids to watch, but that and the decor are the only good points. Sorry to say, but if this place was in the USA, it would go out of business.

Reviewed February 28, 2017

We visited this restaurant when we were on a shopping trip to the Parc Nevada. As there was 8 of us in the party, we booked a table a couple of hours before we needed it just to be sure. The restaurant is very American in appearance and in the menu and thats where the comparison ends. We arrived at 2pm as booked and the place was very busy (it was a Saturday) but we were shown to our table and a drinks order taken. Should have realised there might be a problem when the drinks didnt all arrive together but in several deliveries. Further drinks took an age with some never arriving. We ordered the food and sides and waited about 30 mins for anything to arrive. When the 2 burgers for the kids arrived we thought at last. The kids then proceeded to eat their meal before the next 2 arrived. A few minutes later the next 2 arrived and when we had all about finished the 7th meal arrived. The 8th meal arrived when we had finished so we said we didnt want it and sent it back. The waiter said we could have it for free but we had had enough by then and asked for the bill which arrived at the second attempt.
The food was nothing like shown in the menu and certainly nothing like you might have experienced in America. The quality was average but the prices were pretty high which wasnt a problem if the quality was there. The service was amateur at
best although there appeared to be plenty of staff. We were served by at least 4 different waiters who brought us food and drink for other tables while we waited for ours. Total chaos. When we left we walked past the kitchen which must have had atleast 20 people in it and still they couldnt get our food out all together. No sign of any management or supervisors anywhere. We WILL NEVER GO BACK AGAIN. There is loads of choice in this shopping centre and if they dont get their act together they will lose customers. My advice is eat elswhere

Reviewed January 5, 2017

We visited this place at the new Shopping mall in Granada. Id say it was probably my least favorite restaurant I visited while in Granada. We decided to go to this place for my cousins Birthday lunch. I had Some mexican tacos. The worst tacos Ive ever had. Three tacos and only 1 of them had some chicken and the rest was just lettuce with a few veggies. The platter was loaded with pointless tortilla chips with not even and salsa dip or anything to eat them with. I had to ask the waiter to bring me a side dish of guacamole to eat them. My wife had a burger and it was just tasteless with ordinary fries. Its nicely decorated just like any other US franchise with antiques but food wise its just not a good option in my opinion. I might need to try the ribs to change my opinion since apparently that is their specialty.