Le Baron-Tavernier hôtel and restaurant. Visited: balcony suite room 36.
From the little that I have seen the reception, good service
- room is large, badly needs some redecoration, as still in 90ies style, fairly impersonal, lacks cosiness, fake plastic flowers, bare noisy neon light in bathroom, etc.
- very small pillow, no extra in room
- bed not undone at night, no welcome gesture (fruit, chocolate, anything)
- Cleanliness ok, moquette and table à valise could be cleaner
- Facilities could be more modern (outdated, very small TV, DSL connection but no free WLAN, safe impractical and of uneasy access)
- Outstanding view from the terrace, clearly what you're paying for
- Average breakfast
Overall quite charming, but below standard for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of the Lavaux Vineyards, a UNSECO heritage site, The Baron Tavernier restaurants & SPA offer an exceptional experience to epicureans from around the world. The hotel's rooms and suites will only add to your amazement and to the comfort of a truly unique stay. The fusion of tradition and modernity are providing an atmosphere reflecting the spirit of Baron Tavernier. From fine dining to a simple drink with friends, please come to relax and entertain your taste bud in one of our restaurants. Our friendly employees will be happy to take care of you. Go throught the Spa's doors and succomb to this peacful heaven for a moment of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Le Baron Tavernier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Baron Tavernier Switzerland/Chexbres