“Fantastic experience”

Avlon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Carlow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I just stayed at the Avlon House for 5 nights. I stay at top hotels all across Canada every week as part of my job. The Avlon House exceeded all of our expectations and in my opinion was better than a 5 star hotel at a multiple of their nightly rate. The room was well appointed spacious and cheerful in decor. Internet access by WIFI was no problem. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was amazing. The host Tom was always available and we engaged in many pleasant conversations. Its the type of experience that you cant ever get at a hotel. We will stay there again and again in our future trips. Thanks again Tom, you really know how to run a business.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We were surprised on arrival to be met by the same host as had previously met us at the Carlow Guest House some years ago. However his current B&B is better, more homely and probably one of the best B&B's we have stayed in anywehere and at a very competative price. The reception we received was friendly and the bedroom was very large. The level and standard of the rooms facilities was above what we would normally expect and included toiletries, a comb, toothbrush and shaving kit just in case someone staying forgot to pack one and the trouser press was also welcome. We needed none of them but it was such a nice touch. Breakfast did need to be booked the night before but we both knew what we wanted and neigther of us was disappointed. The full Irish breakfast was very generous and well cooked and the scrambled egg with salmon was an unusual offering in a B&B, indeed this is not something that I have ever been offered outside some of the better hotels I have (vary rarely) stayed in. Would I go back? without doubt the only reason I would hesitate to recomend this lovely B&B is the worry that next time it would be full.
If you're visiting Carlow try this B&B and, like most of those who have rated it, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Four out of the five rooms are very big and the rooms at the back are quieter, although the road out...
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Everything was excellent. Immaculate rooms,lovely hospitality. Food 10/10. Will return when we are back in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed here for one night - What a fabulous place. The best B & B we have ever stayed in! The room had everything you could want - Bottled water, alarm clock, television, tea making facilities, trouser press, toiletries etc. I have stayed in some hotels and they wouldn't provide as much. The breakfast was excellent - a gigantic portion ( we didn't need to eat for the rest of the day). The owner was great ,very friendly and pleasant. Overall a wonderful place to stay I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank sashaontour
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed here for one night. I am a single woman travelling alone. I felt very safe. The bedroom was immaculate, everything was very clean and very comfortable. The owner went out of his way - above and beyond anything I could have expected - to help me change my flight on the internet due to a bereavement. I have never posted a review before anywhere but I am so pleased with the help I was given that I wanted to post this.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Slept over one night in Carlow and made the very fortunate choice of selecting Avlon House. Not too big to loose the personal touch, yet with all the privacy one would like. The rooms luxurious and with all the nice little touches that one appreciate getting while travelling. Very clean and neat and overall a very beautiful house with beautiful things scattered throughout.
And don't skip breakfast, it is not only very tasty and good, but a very decent portion as well. Especially the eggs Benedict is very good.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed here a number of times for business. It is one of the best B&B's I have stayed in. The rooms are excellent, spotlessly clean, great showers and free WIFI.I honestly cannot think of one negative, the owners will go out of their way to accommodate you. The breakfast great, portions too big:) with lots of choice. The last time I stayed I went to Carlow by train and rather than call a taxi to take me to my appointment the owner offered to drive me there. Great garden facilities, make sure to check them out! Highly recommended will always stay there when in Carlow.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business