4,654 results
All reviewsbeaches ocho rioswater parkkids campmy sonthe busfamily vacationbanana boatall agesmain poolwater sportskids clubswim up barsesame streetpiano barscuba divinggift shopglass bottom boat
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Just got back on 11-21 from our second trip to a Beachs resort. We went to Boscobel this year , Negril last year. While we did prefer Negril because of the location and layout of the resort, Boscobel was great. My grandchildren 12,7 and 5 had hours of fun on the waterslides. The beach is small but never had to look for a lounge chair. I personally missed the vendors on the beach like in Negril but we just walked off the resort and bought souvenirs. We don't barter too much because this is how they make their living. Bought some beautiful paintings and wood carvings.
The staff is incredible! Always a smile and greeting. Dwight at the swim up bar is tops! He had my Jamaican Smile ready when he saw me coming. The drink is great and his big smile is too. We rafted down the Martha Brae with Nevel as our raft captain. Wonderful experience. Peaceful and Nevel was fun and entertaining. I would recommend that trip and request him. Please remember that tourism is how these folks make their living so tip well ! For sure don't believe all the negative feedback you might read. Some people just have to find something to complain about ! I could go on and on about how much we enjoy our time in Jamaica.We're planning our next trip already. Once again, I left my heart in Jamaica !!!!

2  Thank nanaray
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed here multiple in the past and loved the location. We haven't been since it changed hands but are happy it is so well received. I hope they kept the staff because we loved them. We even convined our extended family to join us there. It was a perfect location for our kids and had so much do off the resort as well. I agree that they needed to reno some things but the atmosphere and staff made it perfect. Great Food.

Room Tip: Just enjoy it all.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank c p
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My four girlfriends and I just came back from an AWESOME vacation at Beaches Boscobel (travelled from Nov 10 – Nov 16). We had an AMAZING time at the resort and agree this was the BEST vacay we have ever taken.

We all have pretty high expectations and different views on how we want to vacay; so when we (finally) agreed to Beaches Boscobel, we expected the best! W were not disappointed!

The facilities and the rooms at the resort are absolutely beautiful and clean (big plus for one of our germ-a-phobe friends); and the staff were great at accommodating special requests (i.e. white sheets only). There are many activities to choose from (i.e. snorkelling, kayaking, water park, scavenger hunts etc..) for those who are more active or you could choose to lounge by the beach or pool (both are breathtaking) or enjoy the amazing spa they have on site.

We all were amazed by how friendly and interactive the staff at the resort was. They really took the time to get to know you on a first name basis, from the young to the old.

I need to give a BIG shout out to Ramonia, the chef at Bayside Restaurant and the manager, Frederick, for going out of their way to provide us with authentic Jamaican food everyday; because unfortunately, there was not a large variety of Jamaican food at the resort. So we all appreciate the efforts that Ramonia did to make our trip that much more special.

Many thanks to the Entertainment Staff: Rolel, Sasha and Neishaun for entertaining us with the dances, talent show, fashion show, constant jokes, daily resort activities and great music at Club Liquid. You guys are amazing at what you guys do!

Thanks to the Water Park gentleman: Adrian, Casey, Flow, Kevon, Rashawn and Shane for making our daily visits to the fabulous water park and beach as fun as it could be! Thanks to Alicia for putting up with our antics *smile.* We stayed from open to close on our last day since we had sooooo much fun! As I suggested to you guys, I wish the water park was open for later hours and possibly be adults only during those extended hours.

Thanks to front staff: Matthew, Francois, Christopher, and Merrick for entertaining us and handling all our needs in a fast and efficient manner.

Shout outs to Bartenders: Noel, Ripton, Trevaughn, and Owen for providing us with their specialties and still ensuring we drank plenty of water. Thanks for looking out!

Thanks to Security guards Junior and Delux for ensuring our safety as we left and came back to the resort.

Thanks to Managers Frederick and Leroy for going above and beyond to ensure our stay was memorable and having to listen to our rants about how great their staff was.

Thank you to Andrew for helping us pick, book and prepare for two great excursions. (ATV and Canopy, Zipline and Bobsled).

For all those employees that I have forgotten, and I’m sure I have, I would like to thank you for making this vacation as memorable as it was for all of us!

WE MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank JTMomof4
Reviewed November 21, 2011

8 of us just returned from Beaches Boscobel for a family vacation. The age groups varied from 6 months to 65 years old and was what we had hoped to be a great family vacation - the opposite was true. The rooms are run down and very old. We didn't even have a private terrace - we had to share with complete strangers. We had read about recent upgrades at the resort but didn't see any. We had to change our room three times because of broken tiles which cut my 3 year old's foot in the bathroom and a severe black mold issue in our second room. When addressing these issues the staff simply stated this is normal for a tropical destination. The worst of all was the food posioning. Four of the 8 of us (three children) ended up with food poisoning and had to seek medical help. Overrated property that was quite costly. Will never return to this Beaches location again. Please know we've stayed at Beaches before in Turks and Caicos and that property is significantly better with both amenities and staff.

6  Thank TravelProMom
SRICS, Manager at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Warm greetings from Sandals Resorts International! You are very important to us and we welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please e-mail us at (customerservice@beaches.com). We look forward to hearing from you. Warm regards.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

We just returned from a dual family trip to Boscobel Beaches. We flew into Kingston as we missed our flight into Montego Bay. The 3.5 hour drive was nerve wrecking, but our driver Mr. Wilson was a pro. He kept us intact and delivered us safely to our destination. The resort was what I expected. It was an all-inclusive with minimal food selection, great drinks, great staff, warm air and a comfortable room. I wasn't expecting 'silver spoon' service. I didn't pay for that. The waterslides were great fun for the kids, 5 year olds. Although the older kids and a few parents seemed to find just as much fun as the kids taking trips down the bigger slides. The activities are minimal for adults at the resort, but the time is relaxing and enjoyable. If you want a refreshing, safe and relaxing trip with your family, this is the place to go. We have booked a trip to Turks and Caicos with Beaches for next year. I expect to find the same value and clear blue water for better snorkeling and diving.

Room Tip: If you get a chance to upgrade to a concierge room for a small price, take it! We had a luxury King room 4th floor - no balcony. We didn't spend much time in our room. A room on the beach or closer to the beach (which the concierge rooms are) would have been ideal.