“Incredible view as well as a very good and memorable meal€84,”
Review of La Terra

La Terra
Price range: US$35 - US$64
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It is a typical italian restaurant on the amalfi coast the location is even more than beautiful in a building of the xv century. the food ,natural and organic, comes strictly by the land coultivated directly by the owner. the great chef prepare everything with love, following the traditions and the rules of the typical way of cooking of the amalfi coast. our secrets:goodness, genuineness,hospitality,simplicity.
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We read some of the criticisms from prior reviews and were bracing ourselves for a disappointment. It did not come. We got a free ride from our hotel to this amazing spot overlooking the top of the world and the city of Positano. The food matched the view. We started with a minestrone soup that was the best I have ever had. This was followed by our entrées of house made pasta with garden vegetables and a Seabass that was nicely prepared with a butter garlic sauce. I want to mention they had a house wine that was a fiano Campania IGT wine for €16, one of the better bargains we found on our trip to Italy on the Amalfi coast. We also had a mixed salad that was very fresh and crunchy with a make your own dressing of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar that was provided on the table. Of course it is not cheap, but there is nothing cheap about the view or the food. Totally worth the price, which was 84 euro.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We ate here last week. The restaurant sends a shuttle to pick you up at your Positano hotel. The views as you go up into the hills from Positano are spectacular. The restaurant is quaint. The service excellent. And the food wonderful. I had their minestrone soup for a starter. The vegetables were fresh and the soup delicious. My main course was the sliced beef filet with rocket and tomatoes. I had not had any beef in my 3 weeks in Italy and I was leery of ordering it. But it was DELICIOUS!!! My husband had the sea bass and again it was wonderful. When the meal was finished the shuttle returned us to our hotel it was a wonderful evening.

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

We came here for lunch after path of the gods and got a glass of house wine, a beer, and two pasta dishes. The total charge came out to 54 euros. This seemed steep to me, of course you are paying for the view but still. The price would have been easier to accept if my 6 ravioli (22 euro) were more flavorful but they were very bland. Still, not bad and my husband enjoyed his gnocchi.

I don't recommend coming here for lunch because it is indoors with lots of closed windows, making it extremely hot in here due to the greenhouse effect. I imagine it would be beautiful at night though and less hot.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Picked up by (free) shuttle from our hotel in Positano for the truly spectacular drive up the mountain. La Terra is unpretentious, home style cooking and everything we had - beef carpaccio, tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms and ricotta, catch of the day (turbot) and panacotta- was delicious.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

The views are the very best and the service is charming and attentive. Our pasta was delicious and beautifully presented. We were not so sure about the fish but overall we had a great evening and would return. It is best to go while still light, to catch the light on the sea and hills.