“Beautiful Beach”

St Martin Canoe Surfing at Le Galion Beach
US$59.00*
St Martin Supsquatch Surfing at Le Galion Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: A horseshoe shaped beach known for its kid friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I would have given this beautiful beach 5 stars except for the fact that we were warned about car robberies there. The beach itself is gorgeous, with lots of shallow, warm, crystal clear water. There is a platform to walk out on, as well as a dock to jump off of. The surrounding scenery is beautiful. There is a snack bar where you can purchase drinks and food, There are also umbrellas, although not sure if you have to pay to use them. We would have stayed longer than the 45 minutes we were there, but a few people were sitting on the bumpers of our rental Jeep and we didn't feel comfortable about that. A shame, but still very glad we made the drive out there.

2  Thank LynetteLovesFlying
There are newer reviews for Le Galion Beach

Reviewed 24 August 2014

And boy was it?! We were looking to find Orient Beach and made a few wrong turns. We parked our rental car at an opening for the beach area. Nice view and tons of things to do, but there was something amiss with the abandoned buildings covered in graffiti and the glass shards on the beach. I took a bunch of pictures of the beautiful scenery and decided to go snorkeling. I brought my camera bag back to my car and covered it with a towel and put it out of view. The problem I did not realize is the locals case you while you go to your car and they work together. The owner of the restaurant/bar/rental place saw that I had brought my camera bag back to the car, but offered me NO proactive warning. He couldn't be bothered. Can't have this attitude when people like me keep his business going. I strongly recommend avoiding this place. There are so many other great beaches in St. Martin/Sint Maarten. I ended up losing a Canon EOS camera and an Iphone. I was told to go to the Gendarmarie (police) which was impossible to find, and they made very little effort to help. My advice is to stay on the Dutch side and keep your valuables close. Overall I did not sustain a huge monetary loss, but losing the great pictures I snapped is beyond measure. Smarten up French St. Martin, you will lose tourists quickly.

5  Thank Jerry O
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our favorite beach on our St. Maarten vacation! The waves break against the reef 150 yards out, so the water is so calm. Its perfect for young children to play in the sand. Crystal clear waters and a well taken care of beach. There is a shop with snacks and drinks and you can rent activities and chairs. Excellent time spent!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We visited le Galion on a Sunday and it was jam packed with locals and tourists. Nice beach with dock to jump off of and separate swim area. Just a bit too intense with ice cream trucks and lots of activity in the parking lot. Not our highest ranked beach but definitely nice as water is shallow for kids and sand is nice.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We went to this beach during the week day. We LOVED it. The sand was great, and the water was so calm, warm, and clean. We kept talking about how great it would be to bring our kids here. We liked it so much that we came back again towards the end of our trip on a Saturday. It was crazy busy, with tons of local families. I was hit in the head with a ball while sitting on the beach. We didn't last long there that day! We still loved Galion, but I would recommend going there on a week day if you are looking for a peaceful tranquil experience.

1  Thank 5-Ohana-Travelers