“Anniversary”
Review of The Station House

The Station House
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Edenderry
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Description: New to the midlands is the fabulous Station House, it's beautiful modern decor and outside food will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

We both had starters and main courses. Food was exceptional and steaks done to perfection. Few pints went down well too . Staff were very attentive and brought us a lovely desert plate with happy anniversary written in chocolate . A lovely touch. Cant wait for our next visit.

1  Thank dhbonbon

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Well all I can say is absolutely impressed by this place. Friendly helpfull staff that accommodated a last minute plan of my 13 family to go out for dinner. Compliments to the chef with the excellent food & great selection of choice on menu. All the waitresses couldn't help us enough 5star to them all. Had a great day considering how busy they all were..thank you. We will defo be back as my fussy mammy said..thumbs up from her & that's a big compliment.

1  Thank Brenda G
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Just some of the options available here
Yummy every time
From breakfast to lunch to evening a la carte

2  Thank iangG5172BT
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Had my daughters christening here last week, had an amazing time. The staff were amazing couldn't do enough for us, and the food was fabulous. Would definitely recommend them

1  Thank antonia285
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Since the venue became the Station House the standards just get better and better and better. We are not big drinkers, but when we do want a drink, this is where we go. The ambiance is really warm and wecoming. There are plenty of charming, professional and efficient staff on duty for serving food. All the food is freshlycooked, so it takes a little time to arrive - however, like l'Oreal, it's worth it! Toilets are well designed and always kept spotlessly clean. The decor has been updated systematically and the restaurant part is not long finished. And it has been well done and is very pleasant. The manager, Claire, has a wonderful way with customers and takes time to make people feel comfortable and to ensure their needs are well met. Our server this evening, Emma C, couldn't have been better. She is attentive without being obtrusive. Actually, one of the things which impressed us about The Staion House, is the way all of the staff work together, cheerfully, while getting the job done without delays. There is a super atmosphere created by the staff camaraderie and the approach of Claire towards both her staff and her customers.

Now to the food. There were two of us. We had been very abstemious all week, and just as well too.

I had a plate of amazing pork and leek sausages with mash and veg. I was a greedy gut and asked for four! It took all of my very healthy appetite to finish them and they were succulent, beautifully flavoured and huge. But I persisted and finished all four. The mash had black pudding through it and was lovely and tasty, but I had to leave a couple of tablespoons full. The gravy was as good as I'd make at home and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The veg were carrots, turnip and green beans. I managed to finish all of them too.

My companion went for the steak and chicken wings. The wings came with either bbq or hot sauce. And my companion went for bbq and was pleased with the decision. The steak, which was correctly medium, was served with "tobacco onions" which were light and crispy and my companion preferred them to French fried onions. Chips came in a bucket and were crispy on the outside and tender in the middle and it was a good portion. Sadly, a small amount of steak had to be left on the plate along with some chips - not because they were not good, just that the portion was so generous. (Note to self: no lunch on date of next visit!!)

It is a delight that Edenderry now has a Gastro Pub. I can see The Station House winning awards in every competition it enters. And they'll certainly get my no 1 vote, if I'm ever asked. I will look forward to regular visits to The Station House and would recommend it to anyone who likes good food, properly cooked, well presented and perfectly served. The staff pay attention to the little details too - children are made welcome and genuinely so. And they are offered a little lollipop when leaving. When my pot of tea was looking a little stale, it was replaced, not because I asked, but because they felt it needed doing. Couples, singles, parties, old and young - all are welcomed and everyone has a good time.

Try it and see if I'm wrong!

1  Thank contactcarmel