All reviews complimentary breakfast big bear beautiful hotel made to order breakfast gas fireplace fresh fruit clean rooms pine trees bear mountain snow summit one night stay ski slopes jacuzzi tub upon check we've stayed get away pool table
Reviewed March 13, 2018

Definitely enjoyed our stay here in Big Bear. Breakfast was amazing and the room was clean and neat. I definitely think we will be staying here every year that we are in Big Bear. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Frannie E, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Big Bear Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We vaule your feedback and appreciate your business. We are glad that you had a nice stay with us. We hope to see you again in the futute.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

Decided to try and get some winter in living in So Cal! Stayed the night here and was nice hotel with comfortable bed. Close to Bear Mountain and the zoo. 3 restaurants in walking distance and a liquor store and Walgreens. About 5-10 minute drive to snow summit and 10 to the village. Breakfast looked good and is included but we chose to eat out. Room a little older with view of Sanford and Sons backyard. But comfortable bed and clean. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 30, 2018

Like the Hotel name "Chateau," the hotel exterior and interior are very French. The hall ways are full of beautiful paintings, there is French decorations everywhere in the hotel.
The Location is great, it is very close to the ski resorts, snow tube parks, and the Big Bear Lake. The room is comfortable and spacious. The one thing I was did not like about the hotel is that our room was between the Lobby floor and 2nd floor, which the elevator does not get to my floor. I had large luggage and small bags and I had to take the elevator to the 2nd floor and take stairs down to my floor. It is just not easy for someone with little kid + large luggage and small bags. Everything else, I am very happy staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2018

I was passing through on my way home and booked the Best Western after reading the profile on the BW website and thought the pictures were wonderful. The hotel did not disappoint.

Upon arrival you are blown away by the size of the hotel and ample parking, very nicely done with trees all around. You actually feel like you are parking in the forest. The hotel makes a wonderful impression, and upon entering the beautiful spacious lobby, you know that this is going to be a nice place.

Check-in was a breeze and the staff member was polite and professional. All staff I interacted with were also very welcoming and polite. 5 stars for customer service.

I liked the small things like unlimited herbal teas/coffee at the front desk, and I chose the hotel because I just wanted to relax. I'm pleased to say that I was able to do that, and I made full use of the hotel facilities, including the fitness center, games room and outdoor jacuzzi hot tub. It really is something amazing to be out in the fresh cold December air, breathing in the smell of pine trees while sitting in steaming bubbly water!

I was invited to review the hotel after my stay and gave them 5 stars. My room was wonderful, with lots of space, a clean bathroom, and I highly recommend a room with a balcony and fireplace. The lack of a fridge in rooms was surprising, but not an issue in the winter at all.

The downstairs breakfast area was really nice. There is a strict policy if you lose your breakfast ticket, so be careful of that, but not only was the area spacious and clean, there is a waiter service for egg dishes, and all the usual breakfast items you would expect. The only missing items were things to put on the eggs, for example, sauces/salsas or chives - something to give them a little kick, and I did pass my opinion to the management in the check-out survey.

If you use the fitness center you will find it satisfactory and a great way to relax. I highly recommend the jacuzzi and to make use of the games room. I personally think that the games room needs more decoration and color, or pictures on the walls, but this does not detract at all from a wonderful atmosphere in the hotel, and the commitment of staff to make sure that your stay exceeds your expectations.

I had a wonderful time and would urge readers to consider the Best Western as their first option when visiting Big Bear Lake!

P.S If you order packages to be sent to the hotel, it looks like that they sometimes arrive a day after you might expect them to. The local USPS seems to keep packages for a while before taking them up to the hotel. Should the hotel not have your package when expected, it's easy to pop down to the USPS and collect it yourself.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms with a balcony and fireplace. There are also rooms with whirlpool bathtubs!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Frannie E, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Big Bear Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Thank you for the review and we are glad to see and hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Our stay at Big Bear was great. The BW was clean and the room was okay. The included breakfast was an added pleasure and tasted better than I expected. The rate for the room was well under the other hotels. Also great location near the Ski Resorts.

Stayed: September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.