“Great food, nice ambience and good service...they have it all!”
Review of Peppercorn Grille

Peppercorn Grille
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stone Road
Description: Come in and see why the Peppercorn Grille has become a local favorite. We offer the largest and most versatile menu in Big Bear. Choose from Certified Angus Beef, Seafood, Chicken, Pasta, Specialty Salads, Brick Oven Baked Pizza and more. All soups, bread and fabulous desserts are prepared fresh daily. Enjoy dining in our cozy intimate dining room or on our heated patio, street-side in 'The Village.' We offer an extensive wine list and cocktails. Come and experience the finest in dining Big Bear has to offer.
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Huge salads with quality and creativity. Wonderful fish selection and oh those sweet potato fries! Always a hit with us!

Reviewed November 4, 2018

Awesome food and great service! Would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal with a huge menu.

Reviewed October 31, 2018

Peppercorn Grille is a pretty little spot with flavorful food. My husband and I had been hiking all day, and the salty comfort of the pasta, steak, and seafood dishes were just what our bodies craved. We shared the ahi tuna appetizer, which was delicious and smoky, and the mushroom appetizer, which was good but noticeably less remarkable than the other dishes. I would recommend a more petite, less chunky mushroom.

For dinner, my husband ordered the filet mignon, which he said was well seasoned and tender. I had the shrimp oreganato, and the only recommendation I'd make there is to skip the parmesan cheese sprinkled on the shrimp, or maybe just serve it on the side. It was out of place and a bit jarring with the other flavors, in my opinion. The veggies and mashed potatoes on the side were both incredible. Perfectly cooked, not too mushy, lightly seasoned.

Overall, this is a great spot for date night and/or a more classy experience. It is vegetarian friendly, but vegan would be difficult. I eat vegan at home but go vegetarian or pescatarian when I'm out/traveling - unless there is a decent vegan offering beyond a salad - and Peppercorn Grille didn't offer that.

I certainly recommend Peppercorn Grille, and our server Charlie was awesome! A true professional.

2  Thank pntayl
Reviewed October 26, 2018

For a change, we went for dinner at the Peppercorn Grille in Big Bear Lake in California. It is one of those restaurants where the waiters are all over you, which always makes me feel a bit jumpy and uncomfortable. It was an o.k. dinner, but nothing more. Parking is easy and the prices moderate!

Reviewed October 22, 2018

Most food in Big Bear Lake is kind of ordinary but high-priced. Not a good combo. Peppercorn Grille's food matches the price -- fresh ingredients, well-prepared and presented. We went for lunch -- chicken salad sandwich with a fresh salad on the side and apple-walnut salad with garlic bread. Both were more than a cut above what we ate elsewhere. If you care about good food, come here. (By the way, it was recommended by another good restauranteur, so that's saying something.)

1  Thank RuNanS