“Mmmn good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We both had the pulled pork sandwich served with fries and Coleslaw. The service was pleasant quick and easy.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Surprised by the 3.5 listing because the BBQ was some of the best I've had in SoCal. Didn't have any steaks but the BBQ brisket and pulled pork were excellent. The hot link was OK but I prefer them spicier. The salad was fresh and the service was fast. A very nice surprise up here in the mountains.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We knew we shouldn't have gone in to a restaurant that won't include their prices on the menu posted outside, but we figured, how much could a burger cost? $19 for a burger, that turned out to be extremely overcooked and chewy! We ordered garlic bread and for $4 we got one very tiny piece of bread (about enough to satisfy a small rodent). The waitress was a bit surly and didn't seem too interested in waiting on us. There are much better places to eat in Big Bear.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

I stopped in on a Sunday afternoon with 15 friends ready to grab a bite before heading back to Vegas...

Jasper's service: The signage outside states that they won't accept parties larger than 8. We asked if our party of party of 15 could be split into tables of 3,5 and 7 and they had no issue with it. Our server took our order immediately checked on us. The kitchen got our food out quickly for our party.

Jasper's Cuisine: The deep fried zucchini was extra crispy and had 10+ sticks. I went with the Happy Cow Cheddar Cheeseburger and it was prepped well and tasty. My friend enjoyed his Kept in the Dark Mushroom Burger. Jasper's uses good quality beef for their burgers we concluded. I tried my bff's Pulled Pork Sandwich and it was delicious. We grabbed a side of the Hot Link and it was lovely spicy and flavorful. I started sweating slightly on my nose, perfect. hehe

Jasper's ambiance: A very casual country barn vibe is what you'll encounter when you dine here. They pack a lot of tables and booths for a small restaurant. I can see how moving tables for parties of 8+ would be a challenge. I dig the huge "let's eat" wooden letters along the wall.

This place is a little pricey but it's to be expected considering the remote location of Big Bear. I'm more than happy to round up from 3.5 stars because they were willing to accommodate our large party with no hesitation. Everyone enjoyed their food and Jasper's is definitely on our radar on our next Big Bear ski trip. Enjoy! =)

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

I personally feel that it is my duty to create a law that says no one is allowed to eat at Jasper’s smokehouse unless I am with them. Simply because I’m selfish and I want all of their food all the time. This is great barbecue! I love it I love it I love it I love it. What are their mac & cheese balls. They should be illegal they’re so good. Go there! Go there now! I’ll meet you there!