“Group gathering”
Review of The Oaks

The Oaks
Ranked #33 of 41 Restaurants in Ashford
Cuisines: Pub
Description: We are big on sport, we have a projector and big TVs, and big on families. We have a big beer garden that has a climbing frame for all kids to enjoy.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Had a group gathering on 04/04/18 food was great and service was great. Had such a hardworking waitress named Sharon and was so professional and polite. Only downside was when pudding was served a young boy with dark hair served it and was very unprofessional made the comment of " Sorry about my coworker she's a bit slow". I felt this was extrememly rude as Sharon had been serving us the whole time we was there and was fantastic compared to your rude staff member! I think this was wrong that a waiter thought he had the right to slag off his coworker in front of customers!

Ollie R, General Manager at The Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Hi,

Firstly I would like to thank you on your kind words and will pass this onto Sharon, also thank you for brining this to my attention, I will personally deal with this matter as I do not tolerate belittlement of staff towards guests or each other.

I hope this hasn’t hindered you from returning and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

I ate here with my family of 8. The food was delicious. Great value for money. The girl serving me Jessie was really helpful and friendly.
Will definitely go again.

Ollie R, General Manager at The Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we are very happy that you had great customer service and will pass on your compliment to Jessi,

We hope to welcome you here again soon.

Thanks again

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Food can sometimes be fabulous. Then they can go two weeks with terrible cuts of steak.
It has a great hearty family menu and the food is generally very good on the whole.
Reasonably priced.
Only downside is it’s dirty and unkempt at times.
Avoid when football is on the tv. Bar area gets loud.

Ollie R, General Manager at The Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, we try to keep on top of cleanliness and since I’ve been here I believe we have done just that judging by all our positive reviews how ever I am not under any illusion that at times it may happen and will continue to try and drive it to be kept at a high standard at all times, as for the steaks I understand and have been reporting when any steaks are of poor quality to our supplier.

Also being a sports pub it’s hard to keep
On top of the volume of noise however if it does reach a certain decibel I do make sure the individuals are told.

We will take all comments on board.

Thanks for your review and hope to see you soon and hopefully turn that 3* into a 5*

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Just had a really lovely meal at The Oaks. We were served by Lauren who was very polite.
Definitely coming back. Thank you..

Hi,

Thank you so much for your review, I will pass on your comments which I know she will be grateful and thankful.

We hope to welcome you here again at the Oaks soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunchtime meal with my wife.
We were looked after by Lauren who was kind courteous & efficient.
Steak on a Pie....... You just have to. It was lovely & my wife's Steak sizzler was delicious.
Will definately come again.
Many thanks

Hi,

We are glad you enjoyed your pie and steak,

We hope to welcome you here again at the Oaks soon to try something else new from out menu.