“Relaxing luncheon”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2018

I'm not quite sure why some others have given a thumbs down for this place.We've been to there a couple of times now for both lunch and dinner. We found the food and service to be excellent. There was a 70th birthday party going on in their side room but none of the noise from that came into the main restaurant and it didn't affect their service. Their 3 course menus are excellent value. I didn't realise that they change their menu every season so the menu I had expected wasn't on but what we had to choose from was just as good if not better. I'd definitely return to this place.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

Barramundi and rack of lamb were good. The owners need to improve service. We were told (early ? 8.50pm, Saturday night) we needed to order coffee and dessert as they wanted to close the coffee machine and I guess close down ! We promply left and found coffee elsewhere which was difficult in Castle Hill at night but that's another story !
Lighting is too bright.
Otherwise if they knock off these rough edges the place would be better !

Reviewed March 11, 2018

Had my 70th Birthday lunch with family and friends. We had a choice of 2 or 3 course meal (entree and main or main and desert), with 18 adults and 2 Grandchildren.

The new owners did an excellent job. We had a separate room from the main restaurant. We had 5 choices (entree and main) and all meals were well prepared and plentiful. All of my guests were complimentary.

We were ably to supply own cake and wine (small corkage).

Reviewed March 7, 2018

Extremely disappointed. We had booked a table for 7 people for my husbands 60th birthday. Checked with Blakes about bringing a birthday cake and were assured it was no problem. We ordered the 3 course meal, which included desert. When it came to cake cutting time the waitress asked us if we would like them to cut the cake then informed us there was a 3;50 charge per slice. We rejected that offer and said he could cut it himself. When she brought the knife she apologized and said it the charge would be for the plates ...... wow - this was over the top. We packed up the cake back into the box and left - not even staying for coffee and definitely no tip. Their charge for this small service has cost them dearly as none of us will be going thee again and certainly won't get any recommendations from us. There are plenty of top class restaurants in the area.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

I never usually write bad reviews but I feel the need to for this place. Hadn't been in a few years and wish I read the reviews re new owners before we went this week. Mixed entree was huge (bigger than the main) and all very bland. Partner ordered the Scotch Fillet with prawns, he took one bite of one of the prawns and promptly deposited it into his napkin saying it didn't taste right. We picked up another one from his plate and they smelt rancid! How did they not notice such a foul smell whilst preparing them! Absolutely sickening! Steak was terrible too. I had the duck and it was edible but not enjoyable, will not be returning!