“Not up to the hype”

Price range: US$14 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Criniti's restaurants are proud to be serving Sydney, Newcastle & Melbourne with the best Italian pizza & pasta in Australia, as voted by you! Our menu is a fusion of traditional, authentic Italian using Criniti family recipes & modern Australian dishes from steaks & burgers, to seafood platters & gourmet salads. With over 300 items on our menu, we have something for every taste, craving and lifestyle. When you're here, you're family!
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here lots because the food is great. BUT! The service is always BAD! Really slow and the waiters often get it wrong. For the prices you pay you shouldn’t have to wait for water, or cutlery, or serviettes or for someone to clear your table or to attract attention. Staff need to be allocated jobs so they are efficient and not all over the place or no where to be seen. I think the food is overpriced for what you get. Very few accompaniments with meals so your are forced to add side dishes. I think I’ll go elsewhere next time.

Date of visit: November 2018
CrinitisItalian, Manager at Criniti's Castle Hill, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your review of Criniti's Castle Hill.
It is disappointing to hear you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and we would really like a chance to turn this around and make this up to you.
We would really appreciate it if you could email us at feedback@crinitis.com.au, to organise this.

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

I booked a birthday brunch here for our family. We were celebrating a combined birthday for my two brothers and I.

The good
Staff are relatively friendly and the atmosphere and decor is quite trendy which sets a good scene. The cheesecake we pre ordered was great.

The bad
The food is pretty average, i mean really average for Italian fare.

The ugly
We booked inside thinking it will be comfortable and cool seeing as though we had 4 kids under 5. We all ended up being uncomfortable and sweaty inside. Either the air cond was poor or broken or the open pizza oven works against the air cond. Either way not a great experience. The service is horrendous. The restaurant was not busy and the service was totally absent. Long waits for simple things like extra forks, straws and of course the meals. We had a birthday cake ordered and were were left wondering if and when they were going to ask about bringing it given we had finished our food and there were dirty plates everywhere. In the end i had to ask them to clear the table. Finally, it was pricey for what we got in terms of food and service.

I had been here once before and got a clear reminder why i had stayed clear of it for the last couple of years.

Date of visit: November 2018

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your review of Criniti's Castle Hill.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Due to the great location and great food, we find that it’s easy to come to Criniti’s...only to be reminded that service isn’t a priority here.

If you sit inside we find that service is prompt and staff check to see how you’re going and if you need anything else. Watch out if you’re outside, every time we sit and watch the staff chat between themselves wondering how long it will be before someone comes to take our order...20 minutes of chatting amongst themselves is a record.

If you want awesome service and food choices, we can highly recommend the new Barvarian Bier Cafe upstairs. Staff are awesome, but the place can be popular most nights of the week.

Date of visit: October 2018
CrinitisItalian, Manager at Criniti's Castle Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Hello Steve S,
It is disappointing to hear about your recent experience at Criniti's! We take pride in our food and service and what you're describing is not at all what we are trying to achieve.
We would really appreciate it if you could email us at feedback@crinitis.com.au, to discuss your visit in more detail.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

To say that it's dissapointing is an understanding the situation. My Mother in law took my two young doughters 11 and 12 for dinner. No alcohol a few soft drinks, a bruschetta and a 3 mains a whopping 197 dollars. Now I understand ordering but my 11 year old wanted some lamb scewers and the server told them that it was a small portion and they should go for a big one.
All portions were upsold to large. Who in their right mind tells an 11 year old they need a 54 dollar main. She is a normal 11 year old not an adult. when they came back and showed us the bill disgust is the word that comes to mind. No kids choices just mains and large ones at that...shame on you.
Even if the child ordered a large meal you should be trained enough to steer them in the right direction and suggest a smaller meal.
Never will you see a dollar again from me. Absolutely disguising.

Date of visit: September 2018

Hello Mladen L,

Reviewed September 12, 2018

i came here with a friend to eat and get drunk. the first thing i noticed is the extremely dramatic menu. not only is it too large to hold comfortably, but there are far too many menu items and some of them seem a bit weird. do people actually order mac and cheese pizza????
we ordered the house wine, bc it was the cheapest and i thought i would be paying but my friend ended up shouting me so it was a waste of potential good wine, bc the house wine was not a very good wine.
i was eating the ravioli rosa and it was pretty good but i am a slow eater when i drink and after like 1.5 hours of still eating my meal but very very slowly, a waiter came to try and take it away and in my head i was like no!! my last few bites!! and i was a bit embarrassed to have a waiter indirectly telling me i am too slow, but bc i was drunk i basically forgot abt it instantly.
after we finished the terrible house wine, we wanted a cocktail and although there was a sign that said they begin serving cocktails at 3pm and it was still only about 2:30, we asked and the staff said it was fine. i had a caipiroska and it was just ok. i enjoy a strong citrus flavour but the only flavour i could taste was the sugar.
also, the bathrooms were strange, and i mean this like, the bin had an motion sensor function, but then nothing else did. i think if a place can have a motion sensor bin, they should also have motion sensor toilet flushes, soaps and taps, paper towel dispensers etc. my friend said this was unnecessary, that i shouldnt criticise it and not everywhere can be as cool as Japan, and i am not intending to be specifically critical, im just a little disappointed.
anyway at the end, my friend paid for everything which was good bc this is much more expensive than places i would usually eat at, but to reiterate, it did lead to my immediate regret abt having chosen the house wine.

Date of visit: September 2018
CrinitisItalian, Manager at Criniti's Castle Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Hi tanja314,

Thanks very much for your candid feedback.

Surprisingly enough, people love the mac and cheese pizza (not quite as much as our pizza burger creation, but it’s up there).

We do apologise if you felt rushed by our staff, we will pass this onto the team. At Criniti's we do want our customers to feel comfortable when dining.

Our new Beverage Manager whole heartedly agrees with you on the wine comments, that’s why we’re in the midst of redesigning our drinks menu, with new wines, beers and cocktails, which will be released across all venues really soon.

We may not be as cool as Japan (how do you compete with motion censored everything and robot waiters?), but hopefully you’ll come back and try our new house wine some time soon!