The High Tea was the best I've been too! The tier isn't prepared until you arrive, which means warm scones, pastries and sandwiches which aren't soggy! The sandwiches had an appropriate amount of fillings, the pastries were delicious and the scones... Some of the best scones I have EVER had! I'm a chocoholic and while the buffet selection looked and smelled enticing I wasn't going anywhere until I ate my second scone.
The only suggestion is more jam and cream please. We only had enough for 5/6 scones and barely. The tier with the sparkling wine and tea would've been a beautiful afternoon tea alone, but the Buffett was spectacular!
I criticized the Langham chocolate high tea because I felt strawberries and marshmallows weren't enough for the chocolate fountain, at the Heritage there were Strawberries that never ran out, kiwi, pineapple and melon. Much better selection and the chocolate was so good. I loved it!
Opposite the fountain was the buffet, so many choices, the majority delicious, cOnstantly replenished and new items were bought out throughout the afternoon. We didn't stay long (were way too full!) but we saw new items including a great cheesecake. This was a real chocolate buffet, lots of choices and some none Choc items to cleanse the palate. The passion fruit lemon tart was to die for!! I kept going back for more.
The staff were great, the tea came in plungers and was great. At first I thought it was weird afternoon tea started at 1pm, but it was so refreshing to have until 4pm so you could linger and go back as many times as you like. Always felt rushed going to teas that have sittings. This felt civalised!
I can't fault anything, the staff, the food, the price, the experience and the location. I can't wait to go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned at the gateway to the Yarra Valley, Yarra Valley Lodge is a world class resort offering guests total luxury, surrounded by two championship golf courses. Take advantage of the hotels location on the doorstep to over 100 wineries. Exuding the warmth and timeless appeal of a private lodge, 102 spacious and superbly appointed guest rooms and conference rooms await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Yarra Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley Hotel Chirnside Park
- Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley Melbourne