“Great service”
Review of Yarra Valley Lodge

Yarra Valley Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chirnside Park
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Loved it! The staff are very down to earth but professional. We have two young kids and we felt welcomed. The kids loved it! Also, the person who greeted us at breakfast was fantastic. I think she understood what it is like to be a parent of young children and made breakfast really relaxing and not rushed. Would go again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed overnight with a work conference. Facilities at this location are first class. Hotel rooms are large, clean and well payed out with great views. I was on level 3.
There are spa facilities together with a great golf course attached. The wineries of the Yarra Valley are at your door step so lots to do.
Facilities for business conference are excellent and are well utilised by some big brand company's. Staff friendly and efficient. Quality of food in the restaurant is excellent.
Whilst I was with small business group I noticed the level of service provided to individuals and couples was also very good.
Recommended as a great location to stay if you want a base to visit the valley or if you are a golf enthusiast it's got a lot on off.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
SebelYV, General Manager at Yarra Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

We are delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay with us, and would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We decided to stay at the Sebel mostly because, after an extended period of personal and financial hardship, my husband and I really needed some quality pampering at the Spa. The rooms were passable, but badly in need of refurbishment, with mould in the bathroom and tired furnishings. Service in the restaurant was great, albeit for a really overpriced meal. However, it was the Spa that really put a dampner on the weekend. Booking two massages, my husband and I were led to a treatment room that could only be described as absolutely freezing. Therapists dealt with the complaint by making excuses of not being "familiar with the room" so as to not be able to control it's temperature and by running outside to get help at the desk (leaving me shivering on the bed, eating into my treatment time....and whilst the extra towel was appreciated, it didn't increase my enjoyment of this woeful experience at all). Complaints to the Manager of the Hotel the next day were met by platitudes of correcting their service via training, which might help others who purchase this service after us, but certainly went no way toward addressing our problem - a $330 waste of money ammounting to nearly 50% of our weekly household wage. At the time of writing this, the Hotel has still not responded to our request for compensation.

Room Tip: Steer clear of the Spa and don't expect 4 Star + - only the prices reflect that rating!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DollyW11

Dear DollyW11,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley. I understand the Day Spa Manager has been in contact with yourself, and the above issue has now been resolved.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards
Mark Robertson

Reviewed 21 August 2012

this is our second time at the Sebel. The rooms are large and thoroughly clean. The staff are friendly and very welcoming on arrival. The view from our windows were of a lush green golf course. This is a "Must Stay Motel".

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times because of the standard of accommodation & the position of the hotel. This time we were disappointed to find that the standard had slipped slightly. The towels were thin & hard the last time we were there & seem to have become thinner & harder this time. The aircon in the room was also difficult to keep on an even temperature & if we stay again I will definitely be taking my own pillow. However the staff are all very helpful & pleasant & the hotel is in a very peaceful setting which makes for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Had a couple of nights here with a conference and found this place to be quite austere. The service was a little lacking as well - after checking in, I parked the car and took my luggage to the room only to find my key didn't work. I knew that there were three people behind the counter at check in and it was fairly quiet. I rang down from the phone in the hall but was told that I would have to make it all the way back to reception with all my luggage to get the key changed. The three staff members still behind the counter - no one else checking in......I got a new key, when back....and it didn't work again. After I voiced my concerns, they did try a bit harder.
The location is good, the place was clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I Stayed with my husband and small son for the weekend as we were heading out to the wineries and the snow (YES close to both)
Lake Mountain was less than an hour away and world renowned wineries were practically up the road, so suffice it to say that the location is great!
We stayed in a suite and it was very luxurious, spacious and clean.
Bella restaurant was delcious and the staff whom we dealt with across the board were very accomodating and friendly.
Its the second time we have stayed there and it definitely wont be the last!

Room Tip: book a suite -more spacious!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
13.2 km away
Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa
4.6 km away
Yering Gorge Cottages

Been to Yarra Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!