Yarra Valley Lodge
US$107
Orbitz.com
US$94
  • Pool
Victoria House Motor Inn(Croydon)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$92
Priceline
York on Lilydale(Mount Evelyn)
US$93
Ringwood Motel(Ringwood)
US$76
US$70
  • Room Service
Ringwood Lake Inn(Ringwood)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$180
US$174
Travelocity
US$107
  • Restaurant
US$262
US$190
All reviewsgolf courseyarra valleybuffet breakfasthigh teaplay golfroom serviceconference venuegolf viewroom was largebeautiful surroundingshotel restaurantpleasant stayking bedmini barcourse dinnerupon checkstayed here for one night
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley for a 2 day business conference. I must say that I was incredibly impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness of the staff at all times. We arrived as a large group and yet I saw every person greeted warmly with a very efficient check in process.

The staff displayed a consistent high level of professionalism, were extremely helpful and able to answer any questions asked accurately and promptly. Where questions could not be answered immediately, staff sought and provided the required information promptly.

The food was delicious and varied. During a very short delay in providing more eggs for breakfast, staff pro-actively provided information advising of the delay and the time to have more eggs available.

All meal and break facilities were consistently available, clean, neat and presented well, making any transition between conference activities and meals/breaks seamless.
This has been my third stay at the Sebel for business. During each visit, staff have consistently provided an admirable level of service, friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Danni-elle K
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Loved it! The staff are very down to earth but professional. We have two young kids and we felt welcomed. The kids loved it! Also, the person who greeted us at breakfast was fantastic. I think she understood what it is like to be a parent of young children and made breakfast really relaxing and not rushed. Would go again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed overnight with a work conference. Facilities at this location are first class. Hotel rooms are large, clean and well payed out with great views. I was on level 3.
There are spa facilities together with a great golf course attached. The wineries of the Yarra Valley are at your door step so lots to do.
Facilities for business conference are excellent and are well utilised by some big brand company's. Staff friendly and efficient. Quality of food in the restaurant is excellent.
Whilst I was with small business group I noticed the level of service provided to individuals and couples was also very good.
Recommended as a great location to stay if you want a base to visit the valley or if you are a golf enthusiast it's got a lot on off.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
SebelYV, General Manager at Yarra Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We are delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay with us, and would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We decided to stay at the Sebel mostly because, after an extended period of personal and financial hardship, my husband and I really needed some quality pampering at the Spa. The rooms were passable, but badly in need of refurbishment, with mould in the bathroom and tired furnishings. Service in the restaurant was great, albeit for a really overpriced meal. However, it was the Spa that really put a dampner on the weekend. Booking two massages, my husband and I were led to a treatment room that could only be described as absolutely freezing. Therapists dealt with the complaint by making excuses of not being "familiar with the room" so as to not be able to control it's temperature and by running outside to get help at the desk (leaving me shivering on the bed, eating into my treatment time....and whilst the extra towel was appreciated, it didn't increase my enjoyment of this woeful experience at all). Complaints to the Manager of the Hotel the next day were met by platitudes of correcting their service via training, which might help others who purchase this service after us, but certainly went no way toward addressing our problem - a $330 waste of money ammounting to nearly 50% of our weekly household wage. At the time of writing this, the Hotel has still not responded to our request for compensation.

Room Tip: Steer clear of the Spa and don't expect 4 Star + - only the prices reflect that rating!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DollyW11

Dear DollyW11,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley. I understand the Day Spa Manager has been in contact with yourself, and the above issue has now been resolved.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards
Mark Robertson

Reviewed August 21, 2012

this is our second time at the Sebel. The rooms are large and thoroughly clean. The staff are friendly and very welcoming on arrival. The view from our windows were of a lush green golf course. This is a "Must Stay Motel".

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple