After a road trip to Melbourne we decided to head off to the Yarra Valley for a night at The Sebel Heritage. Left Richmond and arrived at the Sebel approx 1 hour later, nice drive. The whole scenery around the valley was so beautiful and green. Turning into the grounds of the Sebel was magnificent with the surrounding hills and undulating plains driving up to the entrance of the Sebel's beautiful well manicured gardens, a very welcome site indeed. Of course not to forget the most magnificent golf course, a golfer's dream having a house on the edge of the fairway and a huge lawn but not having to mow it :)
The gentleman at reception was very helpful and welcoming giving us maps of the area and marking off the best ways to get to the vineyards. Our room was lovely, big bathroom, big doors opening to an outside sitting area looking up to the hills. Everything was beautiful and clean and classy. Our package had a welcome bottle of wine which was a very nice drop:) and a chockie frog on your pillow. We had a room on the first floor which I thought was unusual but then realised that there was only 2 floors and it was nice to not have to go up and down in the lift.
We did not have dinner at the restaurant, only breakfast. Prices seemed a bit expensive but menu looked nice. We ate at the Wattleseed restaurant at Healsville which is approx half hour away but we were out and about and it suited us to eat while we were out. We also had dinner at a restaurant at a winery just 10 mins from,the Sebel but sorry I cannot think of the name of it. It was very nice, wood fire.
I had a pampering at the Piaf day spa at Healsville (see review). We loved the area and hotel so we decided that we would book in for another night of luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned at the gateway to the Yarra Valley, Yarra Valley Lodge is a world class resort offering guests total luxury, surrounded by two championship golf courses. Take advantage of the hotels location on the doorstep to over 100 wineries. Exuding the warmth and timeless appeal of a private lodge, 102 spacious and superbly appointed guest rooms and conference rooms await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Yarra Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley Hotel Chirnside Park
- Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley Melbourne