All reviewsgolf courseyarra valleybuffet breakfasthigh teaplay golfroom servicegolf viewroom was largebusiness conferencebeautiful surroundingspleasant stayking bedmini barcourse dinnerrelaxing breakupon checkcouple of nights
Reviewed November 21, 2012

There was never a request too small or too large from the staff at The Sebel Heritage and the wonderful, attentive service I received began from the first booking phone call, all the way through to check out. The meals at the restaurant were incredible quality,the wait staff had personality and really added to the night and were professional and efficient. The grounds and hotel itself was in excellent condition, well kept and clean, and set in the beautiful Yarra Valley close to the main wineries.

I also loved the fact that though we were there using a Travel Zoo voucher, not once were we ever treated like a guest paying less than the room rate. Whether it's a girl's weekend away, a couple's getaway or just down time for yourself on your own, I thoroughly recommend The Sebel Heritage as a place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sebel, Yarra Valley for a 4 day conference. Brilliant Golf Course, Rooms were modern, clean - pretty mch all of them appear to have a great view of the surrounding hills and golf courses. Food was fantastic, Staff were great, even late in the evening when everyone except them had enjoyed a few drinks - really warm, welcoming environment. Highly recommend.
Also one of the BEST Buffet Breakfasts I have EVER experienced!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view over the hills!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My daughter and I chose the Sebel for two reasons - it was part of a Travel Zoo promotion and it also had the Spa Retreat. We were very happy with our stay - accomodation was very comfortable without being classy; the staff were helpful and friendly which I thought might not be the case a we were on a package deal(I know it should not make any difference but thought it might). The restaurant food was great both for dinner and breakfast. The staff were able to give us some good local tourist detinations if we needed.

The girls at the Spa Retreat were really lovely - we had not booked before arrival ( that was NOT a good idea) and they went out of their way to be able to fit us in for treatments so that we could depart at a reasonable time. We both enjoyed our stay and would do it again.

It is in a magnificent setting.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were a group of 20 and had a fantastic time at the Sebel. Great staff, lovely rooms and the grounds are amazing. Our buffet breakfast was to 'die for' everything you could possibly want was there.

We had dinner at Bella Restaurant located within the Sebel and once again the food was amazing. Simon our waiter was not only brilliant but had the patience of a saint.

Well done to all

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I took my wife here for our 10 year wedding anniversary. It was a completely underwhelming experience. Normally you can expect what you pay for, however paying $300+ per night you would expect a well appointed room. The room was a little tired and it lacked the flair you would expect of a hotel at this rate. We went to the bar for a drink and we decided for a drink outside. Every table was covered in old dishes, with old food and used glasses and empty bottles. We had to move items off the tables to sit down and still no one came to clean up. We decided to go to look into the restaurant and the staff indicated it would be a huge wait. I was "huffed at" when I asked for room service, and when I asked if that was a problem the staff member indicated it was not an issue just they didn't know how to take a room service order. Breakfast the next day we asked if we could sit outside and enjoy the nice day. The waitress said she would come outside and set the table. We went outside, again dirty plates and dishes and the waitress never appeared as promised. Went and set our own table, had to go twice to the counter to order and ask for someone to come out. It just seemed the hotel staff lacked the initiative you would expect of a hotel charging room rates of a 5 star hotel. To top this off my wife ended up with an upset stomach.

This was a really disappointing experience and I had to try to remain positive about the hotel so as not to put a dampner on our wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple