All reviewsgolf courseyarra valleybuffet breakfasthigh teaplay golfroom servicegolf viewroom was largebusiness conferencebeautiful surroundingspleasant stayking bedmini barcourse dinnerrelaxing breakupon checkcouple of nights
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

The resort is incredibly beautiful, well maintained and set in a stunning location. However, the service across the board, from reception to food & beverage is terrible, the departments are clearly understaffed which puts those few workers under pressure, unhappy and at times quite rude. And yes, we felt all this very much. Dear GM, I suggest you organize a good customer care training for all your staff, teaching them that the customers pay their wages and they must look after them! And review the breakfast staff skills... In your opinion, is it acceptable to wait 25 minutes for a cappuccino in such establishment?

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SempreOnTheGo
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Stayed there last Friday & Saturday Night - lovely room overlooking manicure lawns and garden beds - lovely room & view - just wanted a light meal so went to the bar - I suffer from extreme allergies and Marshall the barman was just wonderful he checked all my allergies, the liaised with the kitchen to make sure everything was perfect and it was and it tasted terrific. Next morning allergy issues with breakfast - NO a wonderful gentlemen could not do enough for me even assisted in our choices of wineries and places to visit. I had brought my own cheese knifes and housekeeping had takjen them by mistake - reception found 2 of the 3 - wonderful lady Lorraine calls me today to tell me she has found the 3rd and was just lovely - All I can say is I'll be back - definitely

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Carl F, General Manager at Yarra Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear LeStat69

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and mentioning some of our amazing staff by name. They have been rewarded accordingly as recognition for looking after our guests so well.

Once thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Stayed here for 1 night before visiting Mornington Peninsula. Well appointed hotel in middle of golf course. Grounds are beautiful and views from room /balcony magnificent. Hotel is in middle of nowhere so no nearby alternatives for eating nor drinking. Cannot fault hotel nor rooms but unfortunately at the time of our stay was very quiet with nobody in bar (not even a barperson!) and very few in restaurant. Think of the Marie Celeste on a busy day. Ending up having room service as more atmosphere. No fault of the hotel and if you are seeking a quality stay in the Yarra Valley it would be hard to do better for beautiful surroundings and attentive staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear David

Thank you for the your 5 star review and pleased you enjoyed your stay. You struck an odd night where the hotel went from quiet to full but I pleased my team was attentive and looked after you well during your stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Haven't figured out why people would come here apart from for a conference and even then there are better and more friendly places in Melbourne itself.

There is no restaurant/cafe/bar for lunch or drinks, the food was average that I did have, the spa was a walk away and closed early and the service was, to be nice, business-like rather than friendly.

Not a place I'd want to stay more than the one night. The rooms aren't that nice, the scenery is not scenic....not a place I would choose to visit once let alone again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Carl F, General Manager at Yarra Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear Chris

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your experience with us. Most guests love our location set amongst the Valley and 2 Championship golf courses. They enjoy the plethora of wildlife from Kangaroos to native birds and the odd rogue wombat.
The Spa and Retreat 200m from the hotel is open from 6.30am to 6.30pm everyday and contains a 25m lap pool and sauna.
We don't open our Bella Restaurant for lunch as our guests who are not conferencing with us head out to explore the Yarra Valley region and its amazing vineyards and produce.
The service we provided should have been more warm and genuine and not business like like you described. We do pride ourselves on providing a serendipitous experience for our guests and to hear we did not achieve this is disappointing but we will use the feedback to improve.

Chris thank you for your thoughts.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights. The rooms are spacious and spotless. The bed is comfortable. We had a small balcony but it’s useless as it’s very narrow there is no way you can sit out on it. The grounds are beautiful. Wifi is patchy. We had desert in the bar which was very good. The restaurant had a small and pricey menu which did not appeal to us. Breakfast is usual hotel breakfast. Overall the staff were friendly except for one staff member serving at breakfast on Sunday morning. It was busy but she was hostile and almost aggressive when we asked her for a coffee. She told us to go to the front desk at the dining room entry to place our order. Her manner left a lot to be desired. The lodge is in a gated community and the reception staff should provide information on closing time and gaining access at night. We were unaware that the gates closed at night and it was difficult to gain entry with the key. Reception staff were unable to provide us with information about local restaurants and directed us to the one in the hotel. We would stay here again and you definitely need a car to explore the valley.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank 255060Charlie10

Dear Charlie

Thank you for your review and suggestions for improvement and really pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I have spoken to the staff member concerned and addressed the issue you identified to me. Please accept my apologies in this instance.