All reviews golf course yarra valley buffet breakfast high tea play golf golf view room was large beautiful surroundings pleasant stay king bed course dinner long weekend great weekend bella restaurant heritage conference kangaroos
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Stayed at the Yarra Valley Lodge for two nights for a work conference. It's located in the compound of the Heritage Golf and Retreat Compound. We had to buzz at the gate before we were allowed to drive through.

Upon check-in, we were greeted warmly by Jess at the reception - she was helpful and friendly compared to the other receptionists that took over.

GOOD
---------
- Dinner at Bella's was delicious. Wait staff were good.
- Rooms were extremely spacious (Had 1x 2seater sofa + 2x single sofa + coffee table + queen bed) and clean.
-The Bed was comfortable and the pillows were fluffy and firm.
- Rooms has a great view.
- Heritage Retreat & Yarra Day Spa is in the same compound as the hotel - approx 2mins walk from the main accommodation building. I highly recommend that you book yourself into a treatment - The massage treatment is on the pricey end, but well worth it!

BAD
---------
- The only aspect that was disappointing was the Wifi access. My android phone just could not connect to the Wifi network - it kept showing 'Acquiring IP Address'. My IPAD took a while to connect.

Overall a great stay. 2-3 days is the maximum time I would recommend staying at the lodge, because though it's a beautiful place you would need to do a considerable drive to go to other restaurants once you get sick of eating at Bella's or at the onsite Bar (pub food that opens after 4pm).

Room Tip: Try to get level 2 or 3 room
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chuckylena
Reviewed November 10, 2017

Yarra Valley Lodge was mid point overnight stay on an 11 day road trip through NSW & Vic. With hindsight we should have made it a two night stopover as it is so well situated to explore the Yarra Valley and the lodge itself has great room and walking areas in and around the golf course. Te room was very large and well kitted out over sized bath as an example.
Staff were friendly and helpful and we had great food and service with our room service dinner.
Lorraine on the front desk at check out provided exemplary service

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

The resort is incredibly beautiful, well maintained and set in a stunning location. However, the service across the board, from reception to food & beverage is terrible, the departments are clearly understaffed which puts those few workers under pressure, unhappy and at times quite rude. And yes, we felt all this very much. Dear GM, I suggest you organize a good customer care training for all your staff, teaching them that the customers pay their wages and they must look after them! And review the breakfast staff skills... In your opinion, is it acceptable to wait 25 minutes for a cappuccino in such establishment?

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SempreOnTheGo
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Stayed there last Friday & Saturday Night - lovely room overlooking manicure lawns and garden beds - lovely room & view - just wanted a light meal so went to the bar - I suffer from extreme allergies and Marshall the barman was just wonderful he checked all my allergies, the liaised with the kitchen to make sure everything was perfect and it was and it tasted terrific. Next morning allergy issues with breakfast - NO a wonderful gentlemen could not do enough for me even assisted in our choices of wineries and places to visit. I had brought my own cheese knifes and housekeeping had takjen them by mistake - reception found 2 of the 3 - wonderful lady Lorraine calls me today to tell me she has found the 3rd and was just lovely - All I can say is I'll be back - definitely

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Carl F, General Manager at Yarra Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear LeStat69

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and mentioning some of our amazing staff by name. They have been rewarded accordingly as recognition for looking after our guests so well.

Once thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards
Carl Forrest

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Stayed here for 1 night before visiting Mornington Peninsula. Well appointed hotel in middle of golf course. Grounds are beautiful and views from room /balcony magnificent. Hotel is in middle of nowhere so no nearby alternatives for eating nor drinking. Cannot fault hotel nor rooms but unfortunately at the time of our stay was very quiet with nobody in bar (not even a barperson!) and very few in restaurant. Think of the Marie Celeste on a busy day. Ending up having room service as more atmosphere. No fault of the hotel and if you are seeking a quality stay in the Yarra Valley it would be hard to do better for beautiful surroundings and attentive staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear David

Thank you for the your 5 star review and pleased you enjoyed your stay. You struck an odd night where the hotel went from quiet to full but I pleased my team was attentive and looked after you well during your stay.

Warm regards