All reviews golf course yarra valley buffet breakfast high tea play golf room service golf view room was large business conference beautiful surroundings pleasant stay king bed mini bar course dinner relaxing break upon check couple of nights
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

We stayed over two nights as a gift from my sister - who checked prior as to family friendliness. For over $700, we got one of the hotel’s rooms - tired, totally devoid of character, but fine. Breakfast is from 7.30am on the weekend - so late for kids. No lunch served at the hotel at all - when the staff were asked whether the Golf Course Clubhouse directly opposite had anything suitable, they said ‘they wouldn’t know’ (luckily they did - such lovely staff in there). The Lodge is isolated if you don’t have a car (my husband took ours to a bike race, so we were stuck). We were told by the staff to just get room service - the menu for which features no kid options (lucky my son likes lamb kofta!) We asked that our room be cleaned while we were out - we were told that departing guest rooms would be first but they would ask the staff to attend if possible (we checked, they didn’t). Our keys were changed over after day one - three times the new keys failed to work. I seriously don’t know why anyone would stay here - particularly at that price - unless they are a total golf nut. We have stayed at lots of hotels with our child, even quite adult ones (for instance traditional inns in Japan) have been more child-friendly than Yarra Valley Lodge. The whole place looks tired and the staff need some energy.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Emma E
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Stayed at the Yarra Valley Lodge for two nights for a work conference. It's located in the compound of the Heritage Golf and Retreat Compound. We had to buzz at the gate before we were allowed to drive through.

Upon check-in, we were greeted warmly by Jess at the reception - she was helpful and friendly compared to the other receptionists that took over.

GOOD
---------
- Dinner at Bella's was delicious. Wait staff were good.
- Rooms were extremely spacious (Had 1x 2seater sofa + 2x single sofa + coffee table + queen bed) and clean.
-The Bed was comfortable and the pillows were fluffy and firm.
- Rooms has a great view.
- Heritage Retreat & Yarra Day Spa is in the same compound as the hotel - approx 2mins walk from the main accommodation building. I highly recommend that you book yourself into a treatment - The massage treatment is on the pricey end, but well worth it!

BAD
---------
- The only aspect that was disappointing was the Wifi access. My android phone just could not connect to the Wifi network - it kept showing 'Acquiring IP Address'. My IPAD took a while to connect.

Overall a great stay. 2-3 days is the maximum time I would recommend staying at the lodge, because though it's a beautiful place you would need to do a considerable drive to go to other restaurants once you get sick of eating at Bella's or at the onsite Bar (pub food that opens after 4pm).

Room Tip: Try to get level 2 or 3 room
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chuckylena
Reviewed November 10, 2017

Yarra Valley Lodge was mid point overnight stay on an 11 day road trip through NSW & Vic. With hindsight we should have made it a two night stopover as it is so well situated to explore the Yarra Valley and the lodge itself has great room and walking areas in and around the golf course. Te room was very large and well kitted out over sized bath as an example.
Staff were friendly and helpful and we had great food and service with our room service dinner.
Lorraine on the front desk at check out provided exemplary service

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

The resort is incredibly beautiful, well maintained and set in a stunning location. However, the service across the board, from reception to food & beverage is terrible, the departments are clearly understaffed which puts those few workers under pressure, unhappy and at times quite rude. And yes, we felt all this very much. Dear GM, I suggest you organize a good customer care training for all your staff, teaching them that the customers pay their wages and they must look after them! And review the breakfast staff skills... In your opinion, is it acceptable to wait 25 minutes for a cappuccino in such establishment?

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SempreOnTheGo
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Stayed there last Friday & Saturday Night - lovely room overlooking manicure lawns and garden beds - lovely room & view - just wanted a light meal so went to the bar - I suffer from extreme allergies and Marshall the barman was just wonderful he checked all my allergies, the liaised with the kitchen to make sure everything was perfect and it was and it tasted terrific. Next morning allergy issues with breakfast - NO a wonderful gentlemen could not do enough for me even assisted in our choices of wineries and places to visit. I had brought my own cheese knifes and housekeeping had takjen them by mistake - reception found 2 of the 3 - wonderful lady Lorraine calls me today to tell me she has found the 3rd and was just lovely - All I can say is I'll be back - definitely

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Carl F, General Manager at Yarra Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear LeStat69

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and mentioning some of our amazing staff by name. They have been rewarded accordingly as recognition for looking after our guests so well.

Once thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards