“Michael”

Krish Indian Varsity
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Hospitable people with good food. An enjoyable dinning out experience.
Never had a curry buffet before which allowed us to try different curries

Reviewed August 5, 2017

We usually go to Krish in Robina, which i have to say is fantastic, the food is great, and we have never had a bad experience. I would definitely recommend it.

My review relates to Krish in Varsity Lakes. We couldn't get delivery from Krish in Robina as it was busy, and Uber Eats is expensive. So anyway, i called Krish Varsity Lakes to see if they would do delivery to which they agreed. I placed my order, and was then told the delivery fee would be $15, upon which i nearly choked on the beer i was drinking at the time, particularly given we are literally five minutes down the road from the restaurant. Anyway, by this stage all i wanted was a curry, at any price, so i proceeded with the order. The food came, the driver was fine in terms of service, but the food was well below par, there was no way i would order it again. I had chicken Madras which is what i always order, and was like a soup, and really wasn't nice at all. Particularly when compared to the same dish from Krish Robina, which is a totally different consistency and flavour, and beautiful. The starters we ordered were mediocre at best, and did not come with any sauces which usually come with these dishes, which we have been given when we have received deliveries from Krish Robina. This meant the starters were 'dry.' All in all the food was very expensive, especially considering the whopping $15 delivery fee (i was expecting it to come in a Limo), and the quality and taste of the food was poor at best.

I only tend to write reviews on restaurants when i have had really good experiences (and i have to say Krish Robina probably deserves a good review), or a really bad review. The food and price i paid for the food from Krish Varsity Lakes has p!ssed me off sufficiently, to spend a portion of my Sunday morning writing this negative review.

Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

My family & I have been going to Krish for our butter chicken fix for a long time. We love that they have a few locations in the Gold Coast.
Almost everything on the menu is excellent. Takeaway service could be a bit better though, using Uber Eats takes some time.

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Went to Krish a few months ago and when I arrived to pick up takeaway was asked to sit down and made to wait 30min for food, thought they must have had an off night so tried them again last night. Was advised by gentleman on phone takeaway would be ready in 20 min, arrived there 25 min later and was again told to sit down and waited 30 min again for food!! I think they start making it when you arrive!! No apology, when I tried to mention if we were told it would be so long we would have waited longer until turning up but I didn't feel the woman had any interest in what I was saying. Terrible terrible service and lost me as a customer for both Varsity and Robina. Oh and was charged extra $1 for garlic naan with no garlic on it.. the travesty

Reviewed April 11, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my Indian but the highlight of my experience was the excellent customer service. Not only did Devi do everything she could to help me with the menu, she always engaged in lovely conversation while I waited for my meal. Will Definitely be back, thanks a lot!